Volume controls w/after market cd player

Kimo5d3s

:
Mazda3s 5door
Hey has any one installed an after market CD player and still had usage of the volume/track controls on the steering wheel. If so what deck was installed and how was it installed. Was there any special programing or wiring done. I want to install my Alpine CDA - 7998 but im not sure if I want to give up the lazy feature of having the remote volume/track buttons on the steerig wheel. All coments and advice are welcome. (rockon)

Kimo5d3s said:
Hey has any one installed an after market CD player and still had usage of the volume/track controls on the steering wheel. If so what deck was installed and how was it installed. Was there any special programing or wiring done. I want to install my Alpine CDA - 7998 but im not sure if I want to give up the lazy feature of having the remote volume/track buttons on the steerig wheel. All coments and advice are welcome. (rockon)

There are ways to retain your factory controls in order to work an aftermarket HU. Here is the first thing I came across. Hope it helps you out some.

Steering Wheel Controls

Last edited:
ag bullet said:
There are ways to retain your factory controls in order to work an aftermarket HU. Here is the first thing I came across. Hope it helps you out some.

Steering Wheel Controls

Thanks for the information Thats exactly what I am looking for. I think im gonna have to go and have my local dealer perform this instalation for me.
Good lookin out. (rockon)

i got the swix myself, no need to get it done at a shop, do it yourself and save your money, it's easier then you think, it works great with my clarion deck.

I too just got my Alpine CDA-7894 and wired into my 2004 Mazda 3 since I just got the dash kit last week. I got the car audio shop too hook up the steering wheel control adapter to my OEM steering controls and they could not do it since the steering wheel controls are via a data bus system and there is no adapter yet to allow the controls to work with the steering control adapter that is norm. Anybody got anything else or any other info???

Peace,
Los

calimazda3 said:
I too just got my Alpine CDA-7894 and wired into my 2004 Mazda 3 since I just got the dash kit last week. I got the car audio shop too hook up the steering wheel control adapter to my OEM steering controls and they could not do it since the steering wheel controls are via a data bus system and there is no adapter yet to allow the controls to work with the steering control adapter that is norm. Anybody got anything else or any other info???

Peace,
Los

If you look a couple of posts up, diablo is using the one I posted in his 3.

diablo69 said:
i got the swix myself, no need to get it done at a shop, do it yourself and save your money, it's easier then you think, it works great with my clarion deck.

Thanks Dialblo that is good info to know...however I would try and do it my self except I dont know crap about installing car audio stuff and I wouldnt know left from right baisicly. So I think it would be better in my case to have them install my alpine and have them install the swix. That way if something goes wrong and its their fault I can always point the finger and get immediate results. Its better than smacking my own head (hand) because i jacked something up. Thanks for the info Im glad to know other members have gotten this done and it works.

Can someone send me the link where I can get the pac swix for my steering wheel controls? How hard was it to install? I did a search and could not find where to pick one up. Also do all of the original steering wheel controls work with the aftermarket radio?

Please help me out,
Los.

My bad, I totally overlooked it obviously. Thats the same exact unit the stereo shop used to or shall I say attempted to install in my 3 to get the steering controls to work. So your saying that you actually used the same exact unit and your controls work fine thru this unit with your aftermarket radio? How did you do that? Cuz the stereo shop said that the steering wheel controls are thru a data bus and the pac swis will not work.

Please help with further.

Carlos

Back