Mazda 3 VSS wire info (large diagrams)

ssinstaller

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
This info should help those of you wanting to install an aftermarket Nav system. The VSS wires are white/blue and brown. The schematic does not specify which wire is the input or output of the sensor so you will have to test carefully.

I take no responsibility for how you use this infomation, and offer no warranty on it's accuracy. I.E. If your break your s***, or your car, it's your problem.

Chris

Attachments

• VSS.jpg
    VSS.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 54,982
  • vsscon.jpg
    vsscon.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 18,868
Last edited:
Speed signal input on the instrument cluster

Hi,

Would you have a schmatics for the wires coming in to the instrument cluster and which one is for the speed meter?

-Marko

The cluster is controlled by the data bus, there probably isn't a VSS wire. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Wire I could "cut"

ssinstaller said:
The cluster is controlled by the data bus, there probably isn't a VSS wire. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Is there any wire I could just put a switch on that would disable the ODO meter?

mramstedt said:
Is there any wire I could just put a switch on that would disable the ODO meter?
Nope, that's why they went to a data controlled cluster, with mileage info stored in the ecm.

ssinstaller said:
This info should help those of you wanting to install an aftermarket Nav system. The VSS wires are white/blue and brown. The schematic does not specify which wire is the input or output of the sensor so you will have to test carefully.

I take no responsibility for how you use this infomation, and offer no warranty on it's accuracy. I.E. If your break your s***, or your car, it's your problem.

Chris

Has anyone figured out which wire is the output from the VSS? The white/blue or the brown?

Someones gotta know the answer to this!!!

Doesn't the factory stereo in the 3 have a VSS signal that goes directly to it?
How else does it increase the volume the faster you drive?

(there is no cabin noise sensor, it's based solely on speed).

Back