anyone removed cigarette lighter?

cdurk6

hi, i searched already couldnt find anything, but has anyone removed their PANEL with the cigarette lighter and passenger seat airbag off light out of their car? if so how did you do it? do you have to remove the cables on the hvac controls and remove the controls too?
thanks
chris

cdurk6 said:
hi, i searched already couldnt find anything, but has anyone removed their PANEL with the cigarette lighter and passenger seat airbag off light out of their car? if so how did you do it? do you have to remove the cables on the hvac controls and remove the controls too?
thanks
chris

been trying to remove it myself. Thought it'd come right out after removing the HU and the entire console.. but it didn't.

The TWM SS installation instructions show you how:

http://mazda3forums.com/downloads/twm_ss_mazda3_manual.pdf

-Remove inner tray in ash tray compartment and remove cigarette lighter.
-Tilt the ashtray lid half way open so you can slide you fingers in there.
-Start from the left and slowly ease/yank the left side out (is only held by clips)
-Right side is a bit trickier, with fingers still in the gap, slide over to the right side and put a finger/thumb into the cig ligter to get a better grip and ease/yank it..

There you have it..

lol... that's the guide I used to remove the console and cigarette lighter thingy... I meant the HVAC one... any clue how to remove that one???

joepro said:
lol... that's the guide I used to remove the console and cigarette lighter thingy... I meant the HVAC one... any clue how to remove that one???

ya, remove your cd player first, then looking at the top of the hvac controls on the left and right sides there is a cable, one on each side, that goes back into the dash, you have to follow those back, they will connect to a white wheel looking thing all you must do is pull the cable off the wheel and out of its sheeth lock, on both sides, then i forget if there was a screw or two on the bottom but after that they should pop right out, thats all it took when i had my P5, oh ya there is an electric plug in the middle that you must unplug also....hope this helped.

chris

Back