What about Winter Tires?

Since the MSP is coming with ultra high performance summer tires what are the rest of you guys planning on doing when it snows? I envy the folks that don't see the snow. I would rather visit the snow than have the snow visit me.

I had these exact same tires on my Audi TT and they didn't do well in the snow even with the all-wheel drive. I am thinking of trying to find some 16" stock rims from a Protege ES or 5 and mount some snow tires. Put them on in November and take them off in March or April.

Let me know what you guys plan on doing.

Jonny

thats exactly what I plan on doing. 16" Protege ES rims......probably gonna pick around and find some in a junk yard rather than get soaked by the dealer

I'll sell you a set of black steelies with perellis on them...

I'm thinking of using 15" steel rims from a 2000 Mazda 626 for winter.
In terms clearing over the rotor and brakelines - Does anyone think these will fit the MSP?
(The bolt pattern and offsets are the identical.)

Last edited:
14's will even fit on the mp3. But, the MSP seems to have slightly bigger brakes in the back. I'd say you guys are going to go through exactly what I did last year, and that's trying to find the right winter rim. I can't see 15's being a problem though if 14's will fit the mp3

Latest posts

Back