Outdoor Cart Racing

Golani

:
03 MSP
So I ran into a couple NEPOC member earlier this month at F1 Boston at a meet you guys were having. From the thread, sounds like you guys had a good time, and I know I definitely enjoy this place considering I go there damn near every week (oh so fun, but oh so expensive a hobby).

Anyway, a couple friends and I ventured out farther to F1 outdoors in east bridgewater. Let me tell you the place is way out there but in my personal opinion puts the indoor track to shame. Average speed of around 43 mph, actual wide open race course where you can pass unlike indoor, oh and did I mention you don't have to risk your own car? Definitely a plus.

So I'd like to suggest we have a meet out there sometime, not real sure on the procedures for that but figured I'd bring it up and put it in the collective knowledge.

--Tal

Hey what's up. You're the guy that pulled up in the black msp with the Cavaliers t-shirt, right? I'm the guy who came up to you and asked if you were with us.

Yeah, it was all our first times at F1 and we had a blast. We were about to go again, but there was no way for us all to race together unless we waited a few hours. That day we also checked with the outdoor location but the rain that never came made them close it up. I'm all up for a meet there, I need some more cash (laugh)

Doug

give her three weeks..she'll be ok..whats up bud? i'm the guy who tried to coax you into joining our posse..we should definetly get up there before it gets too late in the season

i'm goin tomorrow. me and 8 of my old man friends are hitting the track for my b-day. anyway, i'll find out more info and post it and i'll find out when they close for the season.

oh ya, a buddy of mine crashed the other night, he hit a guy who spun out broad side. bent his axcel and pushed the front bumper into the wheel (it was his 4th run with his brand new $5500 kart). another guy flew right out of his kart after a similar accident. my friend was fine, he runs close to 70 on the straight away!!!(shocked)

Hah, looks like I may once again randomly run into NEPOC folk while carting. My buddies and I are going tomorrow as well.

Golani said:
Hah, looks like I may once again randomly run into NEPOC folk while carting. My buddies and I are going tomorrow as well.
ya, i wanna check out that start button hook up as well! what time you going today?

We're shooting for 12:30 ish. though it'll probably be more liike 1.Anyone who wants to come out is definitely wlecome to join us.

When'd you go? We ended up being there from 12:45 to 3 between the two races that we did. It was a scorcher of a day though especially in the 20 minutes we stood around waiting for the race to start in full suit and gear. Did great though, we've been racing way too much lately so we're getting pretty fast and go all out, lots of fun weaving through slower drivers with inexperienced people though.

Not sure just how into it any of you guys are but there's a rookie league starting up real soon (indoors) that my friends and I are probably gonna run. Definitely the way to go if you want good competition.

Back