Spicy Orange coming in 1st wave, not black

SpecialK

My dealer told me that the first wave of MSP's will be the Spicy Orange Mica only, and that the Black Mica will be reserved for the second wave which he said they aren't expecting until Decmber or Jan. Is there any truth to this. I am undecided on which color that I want. I am kinda leaning towards the Spicy Orange. I thought the black and orange would be coming out at the same time. He called somebody from Mazda USA when I was in his office and they confirmed this, is this BS?:wtf:

This seems to be true. The initial shipment will be all orange. Then the next shipment will be black. I'm guessing it shouldn't be as late as January, but maybe November/December.

Okay, I don't know which color to go with, I don't really want to wait another couple of months for the black, but will I be happy with the orange in the long run? Tough choice.

Ok, riddle me this.....they are making 650 Spicey orange total....that is for the entire North American sales (that includes you canucks) you are telling me they are going to spread 650 cars between all the dealers....I don't think so..... The blacks are coming too......

-Jeremy-

I agree with JH. There is no way that the entire first wave will be orange. I had to shop 3 dealers to get MSRP and in the midst of the discussions, the dealers told me that they were expecting probably a 50/50 mix if not more black cars. Those of us that are waiting on black/want black will get their cars when those in the orange camp do.

You can file this along with so many other rumors about the MSP under "who knows". It sounds like a possibility, but then again if I've learnt anything from this site, it's that most of the times it seems dealers don't really have any better idea of what's going on than we do.

I don't know....all the "spy shots" I have seen on these message boards show only Spicy Orange MSP at the docks and being outfitted with the turbos at Callaway.

The Canucks are only getting 250 MSP's all Spicey Orange. That would explain the canucks spy shots only being of the orange. All the other MSP are in US ports...Michigan...etc.....

-Jeremy-

Im a cannuks guys and i agree that the ports shot came from vancouver. but dont forget the shot of all thoses ORANGE MSP that were beeing outfitted with turbo in the garage, look at the speedometer, its in miles per hours.... not km/h... and here we got only KMH speedo so thoses shots where from USA...

And no one who got a the street heat ever mentionned that they saw a "black mica" ... beaten car were all oranges...

-just my 2 cents!

slug420 said:
thats true but to the best of my knowledge all the spy shots have come from canadian ports..
The big indoor spy shots of the cars being equipped were from Michigan. I have no doubt that the first cars to arrive at dealers will be all orange. The black cars could follow by as little as a week or two, but they will follow.

On a related note, one person spotted car under a cover and a big Mazdaspeed Protege display in a dealer showroom in the Chicago area. There is also an eBay seller from Michigan selling Mazdaspeed Protege brochures. I'm guessing the dealers closest to Michigan will have their cars first (at least in the eastern part of the country) and the cars will sort of spread out from there.

I just talked to a dealer and what they are doing is taking the regular protege and putting the MP3 spoiler on the car and putting a big white blanket over the car to make it look like a speed, but it is a fake, just to draw interest/attention. Good idea if you ask me....I guess a lot of the dealers are doing that...

-Jeremy-

My theory is the Spicy Orange was designed to work as an attention-getting "park in front of the lot and bring in the customers" marketing tool, so I'm sure those would arrive first.

From what i know, thats how it is. The first ones coming in are all going to be orange and that the 2nd wave, which weill be early December, will all be in black. I know only because when I went to put in my order my friend told me that the black ones wont arrive till December, so I'm going to be wating a few months, which is fine by me.

F!CK that! I can't wait....If the orange is as nice as some of the other members are saying I will take an orange one!

-Jeremy-

if they dont come at the same damn **** that would be the gayyest thing in the world. They shoudl have made the adds say orange only, because thats ****** to make everyone think they are coming with both right away. If the black doesnt come along with the orange , damnn that is gunnna be the weakest thing in the world ill have to wait foreveeeerr

id rather buy an orange and spend the money to change its color to charcole grey then wait forever for the black to come in

I'm headed to the dealership now to put my deposit down for a Spicy Orange Mica MSP. The more I look at the color, the more I like it. I don't want to wait till December for the black.

Back