Scans From Mazda FUEL Magazine

JasonH

This is apparently distributed to dealers. Not a whole lot of info, but the concept pictures are neat. It also shows how Mazda feels the car stacks up to competitors.

msp1.jpg

msp2.jpg

msp3.jpg

msp4.jpg

msp5.jpg

Anybody notice that the concept drawings borrow from both the Lancer Evo and the Subaru WRX Prodrive version. It looks like its got a hood off of an evo and a spolier from the j-spec prodrive wrx version. If they made the real car exactly like the concept except in black with carbon fiber tails that would be one bad ass car.

20ESGUY said:
Anybody notice that the concept drawings borrow from both the Lancer Evo and the Subaru WRX Prodrive version. It looks like its got a hood off of an evo and a spolier from the j-spec prodrive wrx version. If they made the real car exactly like the concept except in black with carbon fiber tails that would be one bad ass car.
It seems that much of the modifications on the concept car were left out due to cost concerns. Developing things like the mirrors and unique tailights would surely drive the Mazdaspeed Protege price up. Maybe if the Mazdaspeed Protege sells well we'll see an "A-spec" model or something with the added features and higher price? Maybe the hood and wing will be available as Mazdaspeed-branded accessories? And how about a FMIC kit while they're at it? I'm excited to see what kind of stuff is in the Mazdaspeed catalog.

I can't beleive that out of 1750 cars, 600 are going to be orange, and the rest black, and all canada gets is orange. I mean come on, 1150 black ones, and Canada can't get 1?

newf said:
I can't beleive that out of 1750 cars, 600 are going to be orange, and the rest black, and all canada gets is orange. I mean come on, 1150 black ones, and Canada can't get 1?

btw, my dealer was told by his mazda rep that there's gonna be a 2nd wave for canada feb-april sometime with new colours.. yellow and charcoal (mazda canada rep on the phone said yellow and silver) obviously this is referring to the titanium grey metallic that's been rumoured.. hehe

MAZDASPEED

guess what i saw today.......

i took a peak under her skirt...... and damn what a fine ass!

i got yelled at though! Oct. 16th people!

ZOOM ZOOM

yah.. i need a baby evo hood too.... and those side vents in the front bumber and rear quarter panel... and i also need that bumper... the wing is cool... but im down w/ the stock mp3 wing

Maybe the hood and wing will be available as Mazdaspeed-branded accessories? And how about a FMIC kit while they're at it? I'm excited to see what kind of stuff is in the Mazdaspeed catalog.

Yeah and hopefully the hood and some accessories would fit on the p5.....I want one of those hoods DAMMIT!!!!!! sorry sorry I need to calm down......anyone have a paper bag?!?!?!?

:D

well.. contacted a couple diff service depts and parts depts at diff dealers to see if anyone had the slightest idea as to how one would track down information on that baby evo hood... like whether or not they ever produced a prototype or anything, and whether it would be possible to special order one... which i really really doubted... all the ppl i spoke to told me that would be HARD to track down.. and if they even made any you would probably be better off contacting the magazine and seeing where they got their info....

i'll continue the quest... and I wanna take a poll if at all possible... If the person I know from TC Spoiler were to make a copy of that hood in either carbon fibre or just like the stock one... how many people would SERIOUSLY be interested... and i say SERIOUSLY because i dont want someone to say ya maybe i'll buy one.... because if they make a custom mold, they are gonna want to sell atleast a few.. not have people end up flaking...

so if you would be interested.. let me know

i would definitely be interested. I planned on getting a protege hood from a junk yard and a EVO style vent from erebuni and having it put together but if someone made one from a mold specially for our car that would probably be better. Perhaps better looking, lighter, cheaper.......etc.......

What might the approx cost be. I love the look of that artistic impression. Ideally I would want in the stock color. Great idea.

baby evo hood

I would be..............as long as I can get some type of price quote first. Is his work good? Have you seen any other projects of his before?

Back