What's going to happen to all the MSP's used at Street Heat?

Mark94

I've been thinking about this for quite some time. What will happen to these cars? I'm concerned that these cars will eventually make their ways to the dealerships and be sold as new cars. We all know that they have been beaten to death at the training schools and other events.

It just makes me wonder if they will reset the odometer and change the tires and pass it off as a new car with 5 miles on it. They have to do something with these cars right?

I hope I don't end up with one of these cars that hasn't been broken in correctly and already taken a ton of abuse before I even get a hold of it!

Mark

My dealer said that I would be getting one of the cars thrashed at their introduction. My reply was "For $9999? Sold!":D

Somebody should check the test cars and see if they even have VINs. If not, they will probably end up as test cars or be crushed. One of the blue MP3 prototypes was used by Callaway to delvelop the turbo system, so these Mazdaspeeds could be used to develop the next big thing, or test new Mazdaspeed aftermarket parts.

I don't think you run the risk of "accidentally" buying one of the test cars.

Mark94 said:

It just makes me wonder if they will reset the odometer and change the tires and pass it off as a new car with 5 miles on it. They have to do something with these cars right?

I hope I don't end up with one of these cars that hasn't been broken in correctly and already taken a ton of abuse before I even get a hold of it!

Mark

it's illgeal for anyone to back/reset the odometer and sell a car...If Mazda did do this, and someone finds out..there will be a huge law suit on this issue. no doubt.
They'd probably lose there rep. as well.

no one wants a car that is beaten....and i'm sure none of us will get a 'street heat' car...we are all here to buy a brand new car!
what do they do with the 'street heat' cars?...i'd like to know myself too.

well, it was romored that the mp3 wingswest did up was one of the test mp3's, so maybe they will go to aftermarket companies, that'd be sweet!

As hard as it is for me to say this, street heat, original modded, or tester cars usually go (sniff) to the project managers and staff. These are the people who have put in the time and effort to design the car, and in the case of SE's, mod the car. While they do it for the love of the job, they deserve more than any of us one of these cars, since they have now allowed thousands of others to enjoy them. Also, some usually make it to the big donors, if there are any.
Look at the garage of a ford designer (or mazda, or mercedes, etc). If they werent getting rid of cars all the time, you'd see a garage full of all different models. And sponsors of race teams / design teams usually get any tester cars. In the case of big sponsors (like Enzo Ferrari for...duh, Ferrari), many of the race cars make it into a private collection. Enzo had, before his death, over 40 cars in his personal collection, let alone what he was loaning out to museums, car shows, and friends.

So I guess we all need to start working on that mechanical or aerospace engineering degree.

street heat

The 4 cars used at houston are pre production models therefore thay cannot be sold to the public. These cars are being returned to the factory to be retrofitted with the finalized turbo setups. Then most likely they will head out to lives in the press fleets. Once they then reach their pre-determined milage limits they will be sold at auction or delivered to dealers similar to lease returns.

Re: street heat

Protegetech said:
The 4 cars used at houston are pre production models therefore thay cannot be sold to the public. These cars are being returned to the factory to be retrofitted with the finalized turbo setups. Then most likely they will head out to lives in the press fleets. Once they then reach their pre-determined milage limits they will be sold at auction or delivered to dealers similar to lease returns.

Welcome to the forum, Hunter. Glad to have you with us.

Re: street heat

Protegetech said:

It's about time you made it in here and accually posted something!:D How's it going. I just got may car back!(yippy)
Sir Nuke, it's time for the official welcome.

okay linux...but just because you requested I do it...lol

HEY HUNTER!!! damn dude...its about time! lol

anyway....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. (stash)

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! (stash)

Back