stereo system....

:
07 F150 HD
to anyone who has seen the production car in person, is the 8" mounted so that it is visible from the rear window firing up into the cabin or is it firing down into the trunk from its perch there and is not visible from the rear window???

I am putting some subs into my mazdaspeed as soon as i get it and I was all set to throw 2 12"s in the trunk assuming the 8" was firing up into the cabin and that black plastic kenwood thing acted as a sealed enclosure. If this is not the case then I wonder if the 12s firing in the trunk and the little 8" trying to hit at the same time could blow the 8" with the pressure............your thoughts?

good question slug..
i'd like to hear an answer too..
i don't know whether or not it down fires or into the cabin..
2-12's is your plan? those are pretty big! i'm sure the 12's will over power your 8" and you won't be able to hear the 8" itself.
Don't you think the system it comes with is enough?.
maybe you like earth shattering bass...i guess to each his own.
:)

yea, my plan is 1 12"s or 3 10"s..........I like the big hit.....

I WANTED to leave the 8" in so I could switch off my 12s and drive around sometimes with the stock stereo on, but if the 12"s might blow the 8 then that might not work..:(

I believe that it is "firering" down into the turnk to make the trunk one big sub.:D Here is a picture:

5127097.1030370_IMG.jpg
5127746.1040453_IMG.JPG

Last edited:
Back