Are my brakes messed up?

Jay3

:
Titanium Mazda 3 4 Door
I recently started hearing a popping/low thud when braking. It doesn't happen all the time but fairly frequently I start slowing down and then I hear the noise from the rear brakes. The dealership says nothing's wrong because they didn't hear it, any thoughts as to why this is happening?

yeah, get them changed , check the pic on my post about rear brakes, and think how long before I would have to buy new rotors because the pads were gone completly, and yes the mazda changed the compound on the new rear pads, so I dont have the problem with dust no more, (2thumbs)

All of our brakes are messed up, but who cares as long as I can stop it and if I have an accident because of bad brakes, even better. You get to be a millionair by suing mazda's ass

Mikey444 said:
All of our brakes are messed up, but who cares as long as I can stop it and if I have an accident because of bad brakes, even better. You get to be a millionair by suing mazda's ass

and spend the rest of you rlife in bed.. BUT you'll have millions.. yah.. FUN (uhm) (scratch) (screwy)

Just pray the airbags work good, you wear a seatbelt, no? Than you should be fine, I've seen ppl walk aways litteraly from accidents that just shredded the car. You'd be suprised how well protected one can be.

and I hope u chose that offer where the mazda will pay off your balance incase u total your car and the insurance company will not write you a check for the remaining balance on the loan, just in case u loose the case in court, cause it will be hard to explain how it was the rear brakes fault that cause the accident and not your stupidy, anyway good luck with that

Bluesv said:
and I hope u chose that offer where the mazda will pay off your balance incase u total your car and the insurance company will not write you a check for the remaining balance on the loan, just in case u loose the case in court, cause it will be hard to explain how it was the rear brakes fault that cause the accident and not your stupidy, anyway good luck with that

Almost had a situation like that. Was backing out of a parking space when a $90K Porsche SUV came roaring behind me. I slammed my brakes down to the floor and they didn't seem to want to respond. When stopping normally, the brakes look fine. But the emergency stopping ability was terrible. I have noticed the brake dust in the rear but haven't looked at the rotors yet. Car has about 1000 miles on it.

Hello.
I have a Mazda3i 5door.
My brakes have been squeeling since I bought my 3 in May. I gave up and took it into the dealer to look at. They say there isn't anything they can do to fix the squeel and it is normal and isn't a safety issue. I say B.S.! Does anyone else have this problem? (argh)

Back