Just recieved my new Motegi TrakLite wheels

dajiggalo

:
Mazda3s, strato blue
I just recieved my new Motegi TrakLite wheels in gunmetal. I bought them in 17x7, 42mm offset (so they should fit...... knock on wood). I plan on transferring my stock tires to my new wheels and fitting snow tires to my stock wheels..... but I've run into a snag.... I have the tire pressure monitoring system on my car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the actual sensors are attached to the wheel valve stem. Does anybody know the part #? I want to have the sensors installed on my new wheels so I've been bombarding my local dealers with parts inquires (as usual, they've been giving BS about "only genuine Mazda wheels can have those equipped"). Oh yeah, I'm replacing the stock wheel locks with Muteki spline drive lugs (McGard sucks, I had a couple of them strip on my old Mazdaspeed). I've posted some pics below.

Attachments

• 100_0781.JPG
    100_0781.JPG
    484.9 KB · Views: 1,978
  • 100_0782.JPG
    100_0782.JPG
    494.1 KB · Views: 1,396
  • 100_0783.JPG
    100_0783.JPG
    614.1 KB · Views: 1,909
  • 100_0784.JPG
    100_0784.JPG
    657.5 KB · Views: 734
  • 100_0785.JPG
    100_0785.JPG
    612.2 KB · Views: 652
14.1 lbs. Nice! I hate 5-spokes but you can't argue with that weight.

Yes, the TPMS is attached to the vavle stem but I don't know for sure if the wheel design has any effect on it. When you have the stock tires dismounted, be sure to tell the tire guys about the sensors so they don't knock them off.

Once you get the tire off, it should be evident whether or not it will work with the new wheels.

I just purchased the moregi FF7 black high gloss chrome lip 17" wheels with Venturi tires. The total price was $964.00 mounted/balanced. I could not pass up the deal. The tires and rims are differant than OEM but they fit like a glove. Tires are 205/45/17. I can't remember what the offset is off hand. But I haven't had any problems with fitment. They look great on my black mica Mz3 with 5% black tint around and the chrome lip seperateing them.

I'm sure that yours do as well. Can you post a pic of them on the car. Thanks

The tire monitoring system is removeable, It's held in place by the outer shell piece of the valve, You'll need 12-14mm deep socket to remove it. simply unscrew the outervalve cover, take it off and push the valve through the hole so it drops. Make sure this is your first step after you remove the valve cord to release all the air inside the tire. IF you don't remove the air sensor you risk getting it ripped off by the tire changer and it's a good $200.00 **** up :mad: It should also be transferable to your new set of wheels if the valve stem hole is the same size and you are using the same size wheel, which you are!
2nd thing I wish to add is when you put it back on, put it on first, but becareful that the tire changer/spoons won't damage it. After tire is installed dip the wheel in a tank where the valve is and make sure it's not leaking and tighten accordingly.
Good luck!

P.S. nice looking wheel, only thing I dislike is the track-lite sticker on the spoke.

Those are sick beautiful mags, enjoy them, whatever you paid for them, they are worth the money.

Mikey444 said:
Those are sick beautiful mags, enjoy them, whatever you paid for them, they are worth the money.
I paid a little under $900 for the wheels... kinda expensive but I wanted 5-spoke forged wheels and the price was a bargain compared to $2000 for a set of volk wheels. By the way, if you are looking into Volk wheels, try Rishie, he's a forum member (runs AutoR&D) and some protege owners got good deals from him. Also try AXRonline.com. Pretty decent prices for Volks there. By the way, I found my Motegis on Ebay (just happened to be at the right place and right time).

Please tell me you took the sticker off!!!
Takes away from the total look of the wheel (protest)

How do I remove the TrakLite decals from the spokes???.... Oh yeah, I just recieved my spline-drive lugs today, hopefully I'll have the wheels installed next weeks with pics.

Back