Is it true?

Gyre

:
2002 P5
I've always heard that in Cary there is a law against working on your car in your driveway. I also heard the same or similar law was passed in Morrisville, where I live. I can't find any reference to it on-line, though. It's probably not well enforced even if true. I wonder if an apartment complex parking lot counts.

Never heard of that law. But you should check your housing association rules before you start wrenching.

Cary suxxx

That law does exist in Cary. Your not allowed to work on your car outside or something like that. I don't think your allowed to have trailers parked in your driveway either. If you were working on your car in your driveway while it was on a trailer...I think they take you straight to jail for that.

Couple of rednecks around, huh?
That's the only way that law would make even a drop of sense. Rednecks.

I'm still betting you won't find those laws in the CARY law book. There "may" be a law that trailers can't be parked on the street, as I have a friend who was asked to move their trailer to their driveway, by a cop.

Most of the housing associations have laws that won't let you work on the car in the driveway. If Cary had this law then those would be unnecessary.

Back