ordered wheels

rum

:
2004 Mazda 3s
Yesterday i ordered some 18" Gun Metal Motegi MR7 wheels with Kumho tires. They should be here in a week or two. I CANT WAIT.

Awesome looking wheels, congrats (2thumbs)

Attachments

• mr7gm.20.jpg.gif
    mr7gm.20.jpg.gif
    180.7 KB · Views: 252
Those kick ass. Mind if I ask how much they set you back. I'm looking to get a similar design, but not in gunmetal. Don't think that color would look good on my sun light silver 3.

Those wheels are a B*tch to work on, makesure whoever puts the tires on uses caution as the spoke actually comes out from the wheel lip. Duckheads on the tire changers love to scratch those up! (rant).
Otherwise excellent choice :cool:.

I just recently got my new wheels (flame)

18X7.5 Falken Hanabi's in satin silver on 225/40/18 Yokohama AVS es-100.
Btw I'm kicking myself in the ass for not going with Falken rubber already /cry

Anyways I'll try to get some photo's in as soon as I get a hold of a Digital camera.

here's what they look like roughly
http://www.falkentire.com/wheels/hanabi_infopg.htm

mine were roughly 1100 , but that's b/c I paid $120 per wheel and $125 per tire.(employee discounts RULE ALL!!!)
If I were you I'd check out www.tires.com and look up some wheels.
Good brands to go with are Konig, Enkei,5zigen,Falken,Motegi, and others.
Forgot to add that my car is also light silver

Last edited:
Rock said:
Those wheels are a B*tch to work on, makesure whoever puts the tires on uses caution as the spoke actually comes out from the wheel lip. Duckheads on the tire changers love to scratch those up! (rant).
Otherwise excellent choice :cool:.

I just recently got my new wheels (flame)

18X7.5 Falken Hanabi's in satin silver on 225/40/18 Yokohama AVS es-100.
Btw I'm kicking myself in the ass for not going with Falken rubber already /cry
I thought about getting those exact same wheels in satin silver too. I think they look pretty sick, and they seemed light too....in the 18's. And yeah, shoulda got falken tires, they rock (rockon)

had those on my honda civic, make sure when they put them on that you have them hand tighten the lugnuts, cause they will scratch the paint off around the lugs. learned the hard way on one wheel.

nope, i dont like em either...

I think they gained popularity when American Racing started making a copy which you could buy at sears. between those and the real MR7s at pep Boys they had the market cornered and forced all the riceboys to buy their rims (lol2)

Everyone in my area has a set of those on their cars, it's just out of control here. Alot of them might be some replicas but still that style in getting milked here. Pulled into a Tim Hortons last week and saw a civic, golf, and accent with those same rims.

the Painted area where the lugnuts seat will get scratched off regardless of whether or not you hand tighten them. Personally, that area will be covered by lugs and I wouldn't want to waste my damn time putting on 20lugs by hand. K--no thanks! (pissed)

In response to CitizenPro, Go buy em dude!!!
The satin silver blends in VERY VERY nicely with the light silver color on my 3.
As far as weight I can't remember how much they weigh in at but def in the 14-17 range, which is not bad at all for 18's.
Every Day I get compliments. Also I've only had them for 3days and we've already had 3 or 4 people interested in buying a set for thier vehicles where I work. I'll try to get some pics on saturday.

The most played out set of wheels around here are the Capless steel wheelies and the MB series stuff we sell.

Rock said:
the Painted area where the lugnuts seat will get scratched off regardless of whether or not you hand tighten them. Personally, that area will be covered by lugs and I wouldn't want to waste my damn time putting on 20lugs by hand. K--no thanks! (pissed)

ok well i know once the chipping started on my rims it continued to then spread out around the lugs and i seen it on someone elses rims who had the same ones, just in white. and if you don't wanna reduce chances of messing up your rims by hand tightening them and taking a little more time, but i did not know that doing tire rotations for yourself had to be nascar simulated!(hand)

I see your point.... If you planned on keeping your wheels for like 5+years...
I tend to change wheels on my cars every 2-3years.
But honestly, basic maintenance will prolong the life of your wheels, which is pretty much what everyone, but car nuts DOES NOT DO.

Believe me, doing everything by hand as far as bolting up all 4 assemblies is a good 20-30min job, if you are meticulous.

Another factor is not using the right sized lugs, for example most wheels only accept thinline sockets for wheels using 12X1.5, 12X1.25 style lug, some even require spline tuner style lugs/socket. Using an oversized lug/socket will result in chipping of the lug insert hole ( I guess that's what it's called, the holes where the lugs go in)

I was referring to the point where the lug actually seats on the wheel, not the hole it sits in.
Perhaps we were thinking 2 different areas (pullup)

eh, i would've picked another style. ive seen those on tons of cars around here, not gunmetal though, silver. just not my style, but to each their own.

Back