Tourqe Steer

I read the articles in Car and Drive, Autoweek, and Motortrend on the Mazdaspeed Protege, and all of them seamed to generaly think the MSP kicked ass. Everyone except C&D that is. They mentioned a "huge" problem with Tourqe Steer, which they said wasreally severe and jerked the wheel signifigantly enough where a full speed launch in traffic wasn't really suggested (i don't know why you would try a full speed launch in traffic anyways, but who knows). Either way, im just wondering why this huge, odvious problem wasn't mentioned in MotorTrend or Autoweek. I'm thinking i might have something to do with the front alignment on the test car C&D was driving. On the MSP website, one of the designers was quoted as saying "Front Alignment is an art, each MSP will have to be aligned by hand at the dealer before they go out". Maybe the tourqe steer was due to that. Any thoughts on this?

like many people on this board say...

C&D is anti-imports...they don't seem to like them..

I guess that this is the only fault/dislike that they think of MS-P and not that it is a huge issue, it just sounds like it, but because this is the only problem they find so they just go on and on with it:bs:

Limited Edition said:
like many people on this board say...

C&D is anti-imports...they don't seem to like them..
Don't know what info you have to back that up, but I have this to debunk that claim:
  • 6/2002 - Mazda Protege5 picked number 1 over Chrysler PT Cruiser, Ford Focus ZX5, Pontiac Vibe, Suzuki Aerio SX and Toyota Matrix XRS
  • 11/2001 - Mazda Protege MP3 picked number 1 over Nissan Sentra SE-R, Volkswagen Jetta GLS, Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and Dodge Neon R/T
  • 6/2000 - Mazda Protege ES picked number 1 over Daewoo Nubira CDX, Toyota Echo, Suzuki Esteem 1.8GLX Sport, Saturn SL2, Mitsubishi Mirage DE, Chevrolet Prizm, Hyundai Elantra GLS, Dodge Neon ES, Honda Civic LX, Ford Focus ZTS and Nissan Sentra GXE.
Mazda Proteges are definitely imports, and C&D seems to like 'em a whole lot.

I think he means anti-import because they always b**** and whine about the smallest problems on every import. The pretty much whine about the smallest problems on every car they've tested now that I think about it. In example:

S2000-"No torque and you have to drive it really hard to enjoy it"

97 Integra Type R-"No AC"...:rolleyes:

etc....

Back