Drove the MS Protege Yesterday!!!!!

I had a chance to go up to an event for MazdaSpeed certified dealers at MNAO in Irvine on tuesday for an event called Street Heat. It was to showcase the new MS Protege. I must say it is NICE!!! The handling is superb, as is the braking. The Turbo makes good power but is in dire need of a downpipe. The boost just falls off past 5500 rpm and levels out. The LSD is excellent though, allowing large two tire smoky burnouts. I have a 02 P5 with CAI,Exh,and cams, and it feels signifigantly faster. They even had an 02 MP3 with the same exact kit and it ran flawlessly. The only problem I saw is that Mazda is going to sell every part to make one except the exh. manifold, they are going to require that we send and defective mani before a new one is sent to us.
I aslo had a chance to see and sit in the Mazda6, and the wagon, they were both excellent looking and should hit the nail on the head. The wagon had facory 18's!!!! If anyone is going to SevenStock you will probably get a chance to see them and more. I heard talk from the designers of a Mazda 3. Which by my guess would be a Protege5 minus two doors and about $14-$15K
Thats all I got for now I will keep you posted as I hear anything good.

well, unless i missed something, the mp3 was only made in 2001, i heard that mazda is dropping the name "protege", and replacing it with the "3", perhaps thats what they were talking about...it would make sense to me that since ford's gonna have a say in the next pro, they would change the name. dunno though.(scratch) let us know if you (hear ya) anymore.

Welcome Mazdaspeed5!

Thanks for the first hand account (thumb)

Hmmm...MNAO...anyone happen to mention this site? (wink)

Enjoy the site...keep us posted.

Hey Mazdaspeed5,

Do you have a brother that works in the parts area
at the El Cajon Dealer.

Thanks.

RC

Dexter said:
I WANT I WANT COME FASTER MAZDASPEED!

lol. i have to sell my car before it comes! so.. i'm sorry to say, but i'm working against ya, dexter. lol

"I WANT BUT HAVE TO WAIT I WANT BUT HAVE TO WAIT COME SLOWER MAZDASPEED"

lol...:D

Yes Cruzer I do

Yep, my Brother Chris works in the parts dept at El Cajon Mazda, I am a salesman here and am taking orders!!!! If any of you want any factory parts, he'll hook you up if you are a mazda enthusiast. I have a first gen RX7 I race and am really waiting for the RX8. You should be able to get the parts from him less the manifold which you could get from spool. I will be starting a website soon where you will find solely Mazda performance parts. We are also both team support members from Mazda Motorsports (soon to be Mazdaspeed Motorsports) and they can get you things like 10.5:1 pistons, cams, FS-ZE int manifold, valve springs ect. He is a really cool guy and will help out a lot as long as it is a mazda. Good luck and good honda hunting to you all.

mazda speed wheel hop

hey, did you notice the wheel hop, is it bad. i think it's terrible in the P5 now with 130hp. can you give me you take on the wheel hop, torque steer too... thanks

Back