A Couple Pics from this weekend's Auto-X

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
Here are a few pictures from this weekend's auto-x. Unfortunately, there's only one of me on course. It's a shame the event sponsor's sticker is so hideous (the green one).

The white BMW belongs to a friend of mine. Unfortunately, the front end was mangled by a rogue tire retread on his way here.

The white Miata with the black racing stripes is amazing (in appearance). It is a MY90 with only 41k miles. It has spent all of it's life in a garage. Everything is original (except the stripes and wheels). The interior, exterior, and under the hood look just like they did the day it rolled off the factory floor. This car is IMMACULATE! The crazy thing about this car is, he only paid $2100 for it!

Anyway, here are the pictures....

Attachments

• race10.jpg
    race10.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 220
  • race11.jpg
    race11.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 228
  • race12.jpg
    race12.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 246
  • race9.jpg
    race9.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 230
  • race18.jpg
    race18.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 288
(thumb) very nice...that striped miata is soooooo clean...not a fan of the wheels tho..

jflo said:
(thumb) very nice...that striped miata is soooooo clean...not a fan of the wheels tho..
I agree on the wheels. Fortunately, he'll be getting others some time. The wheels on there now were installed by the original owner.

Nice. Did you powdercoat those wheels or paint them? I don't think my track wheels would shine up like that even if I bothered to clean them. (lol2)

If you're interested in some more pictures of Miatas in action, I've got some autocross pics here, and some open track pics here. Enjoy!

altiain said:
Nice. Did you powdercoat those wheels or paint them? I don't think my track wheels would shine up like that even if I bothered to clean them. (lol2)

If you're interested in some more pictures of Miatas in action, I've got some autocross pics here, and some open track pics here. Enjoy!
I powder coated them. They were in rough shape and wouldn't shine up no matter how hard I tried. I'd been wanting white wheels, so I figured it was a good excuse to go ahead and PC them. When I get a chance, I plan on doing the same to my street wheels as well.

Very nice pics as well. Miata's look at home when they are on course, don't they? :)

I must say KCBHIW's car is certainly very clean.(yippy)
I like it. I'd get a miata if someone would buy both of my drumsets..

...damn portable chair...

DSC02943.jpg

Prodigy said:
I must say KCBHIW's car is certainly very clean.(yippy)
I like it. I'd get a miata if someone would buy both of my drumsets..

...damn portable chair...

DSC02943.jpg
Thanks! Cool pic too (except for the chair ;) ). I hope to see you at the next event in October. You'll have your license by then, right?

The driver's test is oct 8th. (and my birthday is Sep. 23) Have any advice?

Oct. 3 - Gwinnet County Fairgrounds, Atlanta GA- Points 9 Run order RGYB
Oct. 30- Gwinnet County Fairgrounds, Atlanta GA- Subaru Challenge
Oct. 31- Gwinnet County Fairgrounds, Atlanta GA- Points 10 Halloween Event Run order GYBR
Nov. 14 - Turner Field, Atlanta, GA Points 11 - Green lot YBRG

None, really. Just study whatever material they give you. I'm not sure how they do the driver's tests here in GA. In VA where I got my license, it was super easy. I went to the DMV and picked up a booklet that they had available that ran through the basics.

Well, I know (in GA) there's going to be a driving test (driving, parking, parallel parking, hitting the brakes to test reaction time....etc.. those are the things I need to find out).
I already got a booklet from the DMV.. and took a test on it just for the permit 11 months ago.
Thanks,
-Chris

I had to do all of that as well. I took a driver's education class through the high school that I attended. The class included (obviously) classroom instruction, closed course trials, and a final road test (where we were allowed to put other drivers in danger ;) ).

IMHO, I think all drivers should be required to successfully complete a 10 lap run at their local road course (Road Atlanta, Road Amercia, Laguna Seca, etc) in a set amount of time before going out to the streets. It'll make you youngin's learn how to control a car ;). If they bang up a car, their banned from driving for 10 years. (evil)

toucci said:
learn to control a car by playing video games (spank)
Bah, that's what makes these kids think they can drive crazy on the streets in the first place (well, that and the 'Gay and the Curious' movies, hehe.

kcbhiw said:
I had to do all of that as well. I took a driver's education class through the high school that I attended. The class included (obviously) classroom instruction, closed course trials, and a final road test (where we were allowed to put other drivers in danger ;) ).

IMHO, I think all drivers should be required to successfully complete a 10 lap run at their local road course (Road Atlanta, Road Amercia, Laguna Seca, etc) in a set amount of time before going out to the streets. It'll make you youngin's learn how to control a car ;). If they bang up a car, their banned from driving for 10 years. (evil)
THAT IS the reason why I want to race autocross. I can't think of a better/safer way to learn how to control the car.
And ditto about the hollywood movie... (I think we've already gone over this...?)

Last edited:
Prodigy said:
THAT IS the reason why I want to race autocross. I can't think of a better/safer way to learn how to control the car.
And ditto about the hollywood movie... (I think we've already gone over this...?)
Hehe, I agree. Autocrossing is a cost effective and enjoyable 'sport' for one to learn car control. Not only that, but the associated "crowd" typically influences responsibility. How many autocrossers condone street racing (VERY few), and how many actually shun it (LOTS). That's why I love this game. The bench racing stays ON course.

BUMP from forever ago....(Pre-driving era)
How's your friend like the bmw? I'm picking up a 1985 318i this weekend... for GRM!

Wow...this one is old.

He loves that car and just finished restoring it (pics are around here somewhere from the auto-x just this past weekend). After about a year's worth of work, he brought it in for the auto-x only to return with a dented car from hail :(.

Good luck on the 318. You better get crackin'! ;)

Last edited:
Back