3i Wheel question

G

GimmeA3S

Anyone know if a 17" rim with a +40 offset will fit a 3i sedan? I keep seeing that a +45 will fit, so will 5mm make that much difference? I found some killer rims that I want to buy, but the seller says +40 won't go. Can anyone prove them wrong?

Thanks

Stock offset is 52.5mm, so 40 would definitely be pushing it. What's the width?

Hey..thanks for the offset into...I'd been looking all over for that. The wheels I want are 17 x 7.5 - probably won't work.

GimmeA3S said:
Hey..thanks for the offset into...I'd been looking all over for that. The wheels I want are 17 x 7.5 - probably won't work.

Yeah, 40mm would be a pretty tight fit. The Enkeis I want are 17x7 with 42mm and I still haven't decided if I'm going to risk it or not.

goldwing2000 said:
Yeah, 40mm would be a pretty tight fit. The Enkeis I want are 17x7 with 42mm and I still haven't decided if I'm going to risk it or not.

I talked to a guy at WheelsPlanet.com this morning, and he claims that anything +42 or above will work on a 3. The wheels I'm wanting are +42 and I want to move up to 225/45/17 tires. (Stock S tires are 205/50/17). Since the +42 offset moves everything outboard 10.5mm, and the tires are 10mm wider outboard (10mm inboard + 10mm outboard = 20mm total) I'm concerned for my fenders. I think this combo would clear the struts fine, but not sure if I'm ready to risk the fender clearance. Ugh..I want those wheels!!

No real opinion. I abhor 5-spokes. They're so over-done. I know... the Volts are technically 10 spokes but they're arranged in 5 groups of 2.

If I had to pick, I'd pick the Volts, though. The other ones look too much like the factories.

goldwing2000 said:
No real opinion. I abhor 5-spokes. They're so over-done. I know... the Volts are technically 10 spokes but they're arranged in 5 groups of 2.

If I had to pick, I'd pick the Volts, though. The other ones look too much like the factories.

Well, here's a thought...(if you've still got them) sell me your stock 17's and you go buy something you want! :)

GimmeA3S said:
Well, here's a thought...(if you've still got them) sell me your stock 17's and you go buy something you want! :)

Nah. I'm gonna put my winters on the stock wheels once the RSAs wear out.

Back