Floor mats that fit ... other than Mazda's

Don Lockwood

:
Red Mazda3 GS
Hi Mazda3 friends!

I live in Montreal (Quebec) and i am looking for floor mats for my Mazda3 GS 4 doors.

It seems that only the mats from Mazda will fit on the driver's side. I have looked for carpet and rubber mats and none will fit. Even the trimable rubber mats are too large for the driver's side. I have the beige interior with beige mats.... those get dirty real fast and it is only summer. I am thinking about buying the Mazda3 rubber mats from my dealer for $109 cdn as i am sure those will fit. Now, the dealer does not have them in stock and this would be a special order with a non refundable depot..... and i don't even know what they look like.

Anybody here purchased the all-season rubber mats from the dealer??? Are they nice? thick? quality??? good looking? textured??

comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

Wal-mart

Don Lockwood said:
Hi Mazda3 friends!

I live in Montreal (Quebec) and i am looking for floor mats for my Mazda3 GS 4 doors.

It seems that only the mats from Mazda will fit on the driver's side. I have looked for carpet and rubber mats and none will fit. Even the trimable rubber mats are too large for the driver's side. I have the beige interior with beige mats.... those get dirty real fast and it is only summer. I am thinking about buying the Mazda3 rubber mats from my dealer for $109 cdn as i am sure those will fit. Now, the dealer does not have them in stock and this would be a special order with a non refundable depot..... and i don't even know what they look like.

Anybody here purchased the all-season rubber mats from the dealer??? Are they nice? thick? quality??? good looking? textured??

comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

I got a pair of all-weather mats at wal-mart and they fit perfectly.

I bought the Mazda AW mats and they fit perfectly, too. (sun)

But seriously, I'm very pleased with the mats. I don't think I'm going to even bother putting the carpeted mats back in.

Thanks Goldwing2000

goldwing2000 said:
I bought the Mazda AW mats and they fit perfectly, too. (sun)

But seriously, I'm very pleased with the mats. I don't think I'm going to even bother putting the carpeted mats back in.

Those AW must really look good in your car if they make you forget about the carpeted ones ;-) ... and that is what i am looking for, good looking dark mats to replace the beige carpeted mats. And if they look good and can keep up with our canadian winters.... than they are winners for me.

I may have found a buyer for my old Pontiac Sunbird, so i will probably visit my Mazda dealer soon after.

By the way, driving an old american car makes me love my Mazda3 even more.... what a smooth clutch! Riding in the Sunbird feels like driving the tractor from Green Acres :)

Don Lockwood said:
Those AW must really look good in your car if they make you forget about the carpeted ones ;-) ... and that is what i am looking for, good looking dark mats to replace the beige carpeted mats. And if they look good and can keep up with our canadian winters.... than they are winners for me.

I may have found a buyer for my old Pontiac Sunbird, so i will probably visit my Mazda dealer soon after.

By the way, driving an old american car makes me love my Mazda3 even more.... what a smooth clutch! Riding in the Sunbird feels like driving the tractor from Green Acres :)

LOL. We're trying to sell my wife's 1990 Pontiac Sunbird so I know where you're coming from. It served it's purpose for her while she was in college and shortly thereafter as it held up fairly well. Try not to knock them to much -- we're still trying to find a buyer!

Don Lockwood said:
Hi Mazda3 friends!

comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

I personally think that the bigger mats are a great idea. The sides will stick up along the edges, which will keep the excess water/slush inside the mat as opposed to overflowing and getting calcium stains all over the carpets.

Latest posts

Back