exhaust kit?

ben tracy

:
Lava Orange Mazda 3 Hatchback (2004)
hi I want an exhaust kit that will boost my performance and make it LOUD!! (rockon) What would you guys recommend and can you show me an online site I can buy it at?

Nobody makes one yet magnaflow still is unreleased. Also DRAXAS is making a exhaust that will be made of better quality. Check my sponsor links below!

I removed second cat and threw in a racing beat high flow exhaust and left the original factory tip... it sounds nice, gave me 6whp and cops see nothing , so i don't get tickets unless I rev up

crossbow said:
Where's the dyno showing the 6 whp?

sorry.. i dont have a scaner nor digital camera (broke) it actually was a 5.8 whp gain...everything i do to my car is dynoed...it's a habit I developed from failure when tuning my last car (toyota mr2 spyder N/A)
I'm not here to impress anybody so believe me if you want...I actually used that same exhaust on my mr2 and it gave me 3whp...that being the only one with a gain after trying two different set ups with conventional generic catbacks....

I'll believe it when I see a dyno, otherwise its just text. Borrow a friends scanner or digital camera. You can even scan the slip at most photo stores and get a digital copy for about 50 cents.

Since the 6s MTX doesn't even see 6 whp from a full on catback, I just don't believe you at all.

I'll try to post you my dynos. all i did was remove the stright pipe with the cats..replace it with a 2" aluminum pipe , to the racing beat exhaust, to the factory tip...I have my dynos from the AEM and THIs , all done the same day...I'm goint to try to take a picture with my web cam tomorrow and see how it turns out

don't know...most catbacks for the 3 gets rid of a cat...since they have like 1 to 1 setup over the Mz6s 2 to 1 to 2? The reason he wants a dyno is cause a few people actuly fabricate or make the #s sound better than they are so please don't take offense to the request of dyno slips...

No actually I want the dyno because I don't see where there is a 6 whp restriction on the stock car...

I mean if he's talking the removal of all cat's, the resonator, the mufflers, and running a straight pipe...sure I'll believe 6 whp there...and a big fat check engine light as well as the car running in the wrong fuelloop mode. What'd you do with the O2 sensor? Just let it dangle there?

hagh, hagh haaaaaaaaaa I feel the same way about people not giving proof of what flavor the jello is. It sounds to me that the taste is synthetic and not the real s*** that wiggles. Bill Cosby would be real disappointed right now. This is the technological age. You can't tell me that you have no access to some form of photo device, scanner, KINKOS. Just do it, man.

b**** I'm rich.

crossbow said:
No actually I want the dyno because I don't see where there is a 6 whp restriction on the stock car...

I mean if he's talking the removal of all cat's, the resonator, the mufflers, and running a straight pipe...sure I'll believe 6 whp there...and a big fat check engine light as well as the car running in the wrong fuelloop mode. What'd you do with the O2 sensor? Just let it dangle there?

There are ways to bypass the O2 sensor, there are even hacks all on the internet to do it.
But I don't see why he would have to worry about a CEL anyway. Because unless he got the California Emission Regulation Applicable Model then he nor me have a sensor after the last cat. He could not have removed the first cat unless he has a race header on there. He then would need an O2 cheater for the sensor after the first cat that in intergrated into the header.
And I'd be willing to bet we will get more than 6whp from an exhaust that only removes the last cat.

And I'm willing to bet he didn't...considering the v6's got another .7 liters of displacement, two extra cylinders, and extra 60 bhp, and doesn't even get 6 whp from that.

1 way to find out...

also are we clarifying the catback on both cars or the full system of a 6s against a catback of a 3s gains? also have to take into consideration the enginers at mazda literaly took a hammer to the 6s headers...(boom01)
http://www.trocciola.com/07-15-04/DSCN0806.JPG

Last edited:
I'm comparing the 3s exhaust (very restrictive looking) vs the 6i's exhaust (very straight, clean, better headers and cat setup) and how they both dyno exactly the same.

The 6s only sees a 10 hp from the draxas headers...so even that is pretty low...and thats possibly the most restrictive part of the whole 6s exhaust system.

crossbow said:
And I'm willing to bet he didn't...considering the v6's got another .7 liters of displacement, two extra cylinders, and extra 60 bhp, and doesn't even get 6 whp from that.

That really does not mean a thing. There are other cars with bigger displacement that the Mazda6 that does not get 6whp from an exhaust.
There is not science to determin the gained HP & TQ from the displacement, extra cylinders and extra HP. But I am sure you know that.

And just food for thought "what ever that means" the Focus 2.3L gained 7HP and 4.1TQ from a 2.25" exhaust. And it has been sadi the 2.5" exhaust saw gains over the 2.25" all through out the power band.

it also depends how the stock setup was made...just for an example the non magnum neon has 2.25 pipe but it later reduces to a 2 just before the rear arm. the exhaust for the 6 is almost as straight as can be....only major bends (Catback) is as it slopes under the gas tank and the y pipe...no way around the gag tank but the y pipe could be eliminated...but those of us with lipkits don't have that option plus running a dummy pipe wouldn't look as good in the winter.

Back