Engine noise w/aftermarket amp

mazda3rob

:
Mazda 3 5-door
I had an alpine 4 channel amp installed and I have a ticking noise in the speakers. Since I am using the stock deck and the speaker level inputs, I was told to use Line Output Converters and high quality RCAs and that should eliminate the problem. Does this sound right?

Oh yeah, here is what I had installed:

Alpine MRV-F240 (4 channel amp)
Infinity Bass link sub
Polk 5x7's in the doors.

Probably shouldn't have engine noise with that combonation ???

Thanks,

Rob

I have the same amp in my 3, but I am using a 4 channel LOC. I turned down the gains ever so slightly, tightened all of the amp connections and the noise went away.

Thanks for the reply ... Now I know it can be fixed :)

I am having the LOC installed today with some high quality RCAs. I hope it takes care of it.

Thanks for your reply.

bluntman said:
I have the same amp in my 3, but I am using a 4 channel LOC. I turned down the gains ever so slightly, tightened all of the amp connections and the noise went away.

mazda3rob said:
I am having the LOC installed today with some high quality RCAs. I hope it takes care of it.

Thanks for your reply.
That ticking noise is very common in the Mazda 3 for some reason. I had it too, and the only way I got rid of it was moving around the ground wire of my amps until it went away. The ticking noise and the engine whine is a ground loop that is traveling through your signal path, if anything adding RCA's to the equation might make it worse rather than better. Good luck...

Good News!!! It is gone!!! No more noise

Well, they installed the LOCs and ran some good quality RCAs to the amp ... no more noise. Now I can listen to some tunes while I Zoom Zoom around town :)

(bike) CONGRATS LANCE - #6 - YOU THE MAN!!!!

yac2727 said:
That ticking noise is very common in the Mazda 3 for some reason. I had it too, and the only way I got rid of it was moving around the ground wire of my amps until it went away. The ticking noise and the engine whine is a ground loop that is traveling through your signal path, if anything adding RCA's to the equation might make it worse rather than better. Good luck...

Back