coming soon!

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
got the two gt spec bars coming next week!! gonna paint the ends red (i think they come in an orange color?)
oh, anyone lookin for the protege 5 stock strut bar let me know.

Attachments

• gt spec front.jpg
    gt spec front.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 89
  • gt spec rear.jpg
    gt spec rear.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 100
Do you have all the brackets and bolts to go with it, or whatever I need to put it on an 02 ES (except the CC bracket, i know ill need to deal with that)?
Oh yeah, and price?

Last edited:
it will come without bolts and brackets, just the bar. if intertested you pay the shipping an it's your's.

oh ok, dern. if its just a bar I think theres a guy local to me that has one, sorry bro.

How difficult is it to get the appropriate bolts and brackets to get that stuff mounted on my 2003 LX?

I'm not sure where to look.

ask richard at mazdastuff.com, tell him i sent you. he should be able to get you the parts at a good price. i'm pretty certain it will fit. i'll hold the bar for you man!!

Astral said:
How difficult is it to get the appropriate bolts and brackets to get that stuff mounted on my 2003 LX?

I'm not sure where to look.

bazooka joe said:
thanks...i hope so!!

I got a response from Richard:

Oleg the strut bar for the Protg 5 has a different part number
B28V-56-49XE than the strut bar for the 2003 Protg sedan BP7H-56-49XE, so
I don't think that bar will fit your car. I do have the strut bar kit
0000-8M-C11 for the 2003 Protg in stock for $100.

He did go on to mention all the mounting brackets and nuts and such and they came out to $53.50 shipped (left & right stays, solenoid bracket and 7 nuts). He also said:

I have no of knowing if these brackets will work
with the strut bar from the Protg 5, or if there are any additional parts
you need to make that strut bar work.

Is $100 a good price for the 2003 Protege sedan strut bar? Maybe I should just pick that up. Then again, $53.50 is better than $100 + shipping, plus however much Mark wants for his bar.

He also attached instructions from the 2003 Protege sedan strut bar kit, I attached them to this msg.

Anyone know if the p5 bar will match? Hope the instructions are of some help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 96
astral, i goofed, you can have my bar and brackets, just not the bolts (of course you already have these) i think it should fit, if it doesn't no prob. when i get my gt bar, i'll give you a shout and we can get tgether and test it out. maybe i'll have it by this sunday??

Astral said:
I got a response from Richard:

He did go on to mention all the mounting brackets and nuts and such and they came out to $53.50 shipped (left & right stays, solenoid bracket and 7 nuts). He also said:

Is $100 a good price for the 2003 Protege sedan strut bar? Maybe I should just pick that up. Then again, $53.50 is better than $100 + shipping, plus however much Mark wants for his bar.

He also attached instructions from the 2003 Protege sedan strut bar kit, I attached them to this msg.

Anyone know if the p5 bar will match? Hope the instructions are of some help.

hey bazooka joe, if astral doesn't want it then i will be interested i beleive. How much is it gonna be and what color is it?

astral, you comin sunday to f1? i got my gt bar so we can try my stock one on your car then??

bazooka joe said:
astral, you comin sunday to f1? i got my gt bar so we can try my stock one on your car then??

Hey Joe,

I'm helping my girlfriend move all Sunday, so I can't really come out to F1. I'm also going to be starting a new job on August 2nd, so I'll be going to sleep extra early, and that pushes moving things even earlier into the day.

On the bright side, my new job is in Bedford, MA, so that means I'll be travelling up 495 instead of down from it :). Heh.

Anyways, maybe I can swing over your place (where are you, in Boston?) some of the weeknights (eveningtime, while it's still light out) and we can try the install?

bazooka joe said:
astral, i goofed, you can have my bar and brackets, just not the bolts (of course you already have these)

So you already have the new bar installed? Pics? :)

got it today, i'll be putting it on sat. i want to paint the brackets red, they're some weird orangie color? ya, i'm right up the street on rte 24 exit rte 106 east. about 45 mins, i'm 10 mins from 495!! let's hook up next week some time?? good news on the job and move!!!

bazooka joe said:
got it today, i'll be putting it on sat. i want to paint the brackets red, they're some weird orangie color? ya, i'm right up the street on rte 24 exit rte 106 east. about 45 mins, i'm 10 mins from 495!! let's hook up next week some time?? good news on the job and move!!!

Sounds good, next week some time! To get to work, looks like I'll be taking 495 to Rt 3 south, then Rt 3 south to Middlesex Turnpike.

Anyways, I gotta bust open a map and look the roads up. Maybe there are shortcuts I can take :)

Astral said:
Sounds good, next week some time! To get to work, looks like I'll be taking 495 to Rt 3 south, then Rt 3 south to Middlesex Turnpike.

Anyways, I gotta bust open a map and look the roads up. Maybe there are shortcuts I can take :)
oh bedford!! (crazy) i thought you said new bedford!!! (chair) never mind!!!

to get to my house you'll still need to come down 495 to 24 north to the exit for rte 106 east. i'll pm you my cell number and we can hook up!!

painted the brackets yesterday, putting on a few coast of clear today...should have the fron on tonight!!

Back