How dark should I go?

ben tracy

:
Lava Orange Mazda 3 Hatchback (2004)
I am getting tinted windows in about 3 weeks and how dark should I go with them. I was going to go with 27% but thats too light for my taste. How dark can I go that I can still see out of my windows at night, but nobody can really see the inside of my car in the day? (eyeballs)

Find out what the law allows.........then break it!!! 5% here!!!!!!!!!! (rockon)

Attachments

• P7100019.JPG
    P7100019.JPG
    687.8 KB · Views: 298
I have 20% in the back and 35% in the front. It looks pretty good, but if I could redo it, id's go 20% all around.

I'm getting mine done as soon as I get paid again...I'm gonna go as dark as they will do it

Well this thursday I am getting 5% tinted windows. (2thumbs)holy s*** I love that cartoon. mountjonas you got the coolest sig. I SAID MY SPOON IS TOO BIG!!!!

5%?? I hope you don't plan on driving at night.

Or anywhere near a cop.

Or in reverse.

(boom07)

all i will do is roll down my windows at night, and I know some people that have 5% and they said you get used too it and about the cops well they can look the other way. I hope (dark)

I have found the older I get, the lighter the tint gets.. My last car had 20% and I would probably stick to that, but it gets hard to see out of at night..
Just remember, are you gonna roll the windows down in the snow or hard rain to see??? That might be a tough call just for dark tint..

I have 20% and it is a little hard seeing at night. But I've had that percentage of tint on many cars so I'm used to it and just look carefully before pulling into traffic.

ben tracy said:
all i will do is roll down my windows at night,
Might be a little uncomfortable in, say, February. I have 35%-keeps the heat out during the day, but I can see fine at night.

I have 35% now its the darkest a car delaer will do but that is gettin pulled off and 5% is goin on I have a friend who has like two layers of 5% and I can still drive his car fine.

my rule of thumb ... go look at the tint ... find the one you like and go one level darker ... if you go to light you will regret it later...

my 2c

haaswyk said:
my rule of thumb ... go look at the tint ... find the one you like and go one level darker ... if you go to light you will regret it later...

my 2c
good rule

haaswyk said:

my 2c
I concur

Well, I went and got 5% and I LOVE IT!! (lol2) I have not driven at night yet, so cant help you there. (2thumbs)

sndsgood said:
get it as dark as u want as long as u can still afford to pay the po po if need be.
Around here, they take a razor blade to each window and put an X through it. If they catch you again they arrest you. Its happened to two of my friends that decided to go with 5%.

You can, however, do 5% on windows that don't roll down such as your rear window...Some SUVs have close to 5% tint on their rear windows, no reason why we can't. Personally I stick with the legal limit of 35%. Its dark enough that you can't see details at night and you can't see much of anything during the day until you get up close and look in.

Back