mz3s engine information

Kimo5d3s

:
Mazda3s 5door
First off let me start off by saying that I have been a long time reader of this forum and in comparison to other mz3 forums this is the best one!

I consider myself a Newbie to the import world and proud owner of a mz3s 5door atx . I have been reading a lot of posts and and internet searching. My question is can any one tell me or know of any good websites where I can find the strong points as well as week points to the MZR 2.3 engine. I am looking for very detailed information, example: what are the pistons made of and all that good stuff. Im really thinking about getting into the tunning world and being that im a rookie I need to do as much reading and learning as possible. This will help me in figuring out which would be a better source of power (ie turbo, supercharger, nitrous) and match it to how much am I willing to spend. Any info or suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated. (rockon)

yeah I'd be intrested in that info 2...not alot of people have pulled their car apart(boom08) We are all learning what this engine is fully capable of...

There is a lot of information in the Service Highlights Manual but not very much general knowledge about the strength of components yet. It's only been around about 8 months, so nobody has had anything wear out yet.

If it helps, the pistons are teflon-coated aluminum and the con rods are sintered metal. (shrug)

Back