1750 Coming in 2 Waves

I just spoke to my dealer last night about the MS-P's. He too is heading to training on this car on the 25th of September in MI. He tells me that they are getting 16 MS-P's in the first wave, which is some time in October. 8 will be black and 8 will be Spicy Orange. He tells me that there will be a second wave of the same 1750 MS-P's in the spring. Same colors....same alotment. No color change in the spring.

He said he is going to give me more scoop when he gets back. I will in turn let you know.

Ciao,

Jonny

My question is, then why have 3 or 4 magazines reported only 2000 will be made? Ah well....not as rare as I had hoped.... My guess is they are trying to stir up people to get in and buy one...and if sales go well they will put another 1750 through.....if they don't go well....the original 1750 will be the only alotment....

-Jeremy-

Jeremy,

That is what I am saying here. They are only making 1750 of these cars for 2003. There will be a wave of the 1750 cars this October and the next wave of the same 1750 cars with the same colors will be here in the spring. Mazda is just spreading out the sales of these cars into to waves.

The magazines are saying 2000 because they are just rounding up.

I hope that clears things up.

Jonny

JonnyMiata said:
That is what I am saying here. They are only making 1750 of these cars for 2003. There will be a wave of the 1750 cars this October and the next wave of the same 1750 cars with the same colors will be here in the spring. Mazda is just spreading out the sales of these cars into to waves.

The magazines are saying 2000 because they are just rounding up.

I hope that clears things up.

Actually, it doesn't clear up anything. The 2000 that has been quoted in all the magazines and appeared in print and on the web from Mazda is as follows:
2000 Model Year 2003 MAZDASPEED Proteges for North America
1150 Black Mica for USA Only
600 Spicy Orange for USA
250 Spicy Orange for Canada

I understand what you mean when you say "They are only making 1750 of these cars for 2003," which is correct, if you're talking about the USA. But you contradict yourself when you say "There will be a wave of the 1750 cars this October and the next wave of the same 1750 cars with the same colors will be here in the spring." Will they still be 2003s? Doesn't that make total of 3500 cars?

Everything I've seen so far indicates the 2000 total is correct. Maybe the cars in the spring will be 2004s?

They are only making 1750 of these cars in 2003. The first wave of THESE 1750 cars, be it 875 or 900, will be this October. The second wave of THESE same 1750 cars will be in the spring, be it 375 cars or 850 cars.

Mazda is just splitting up the production run of the 1750 cars into 2 waves that will hit the dealers at 2 diferent times during the year.

Didn't think it would be this hard to understand. :rolleyes:

Jonny

yeah i seen the write up from MAZDA usa my self when i was gonna buy one/...it was like 3 weeks ago...it said there will be 1750 2003's and then in the spring they will drop the 2003.5's, there will be changes involved very discrete changes though...like probably another radio change...they will be very low key....and i heard there will be like a grey color....instead of the black.....in fact i think it is the grey they use on the special edition miata

I have an email from Mazda saying on 1750 will be producted. It says nothing about splitting them up anything else. Doesn't specify US or CAN, just 1750 (1150 black Mica and 600 Spicy Orange).

-Jeremy-

Back