Nice Wheels no More!

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
Well today I painted my garage (to match my mazda3 of course!) Kinda tired, feelin a lil light headed, but the wifey says "GO GET FLOUR(or i kill u)" so I leave. I live on street where cars like to go both ways at same time even with cars on street, needless to say I got to close to the curb. BigadeeBaM, low profile rubber lip:GOnE, Aluminum Lip:Scraped. I used to just leave a black mark from the tire from the mustang, but not on the 3! Price to pay for being a moron I guess! I just hope I dont have to get it rebalanced. So learn from my mistake, dont live in the gheto!

Note to crowd: I dont hit curbs for fun, i have never had an accident or anythign of the such, I just love curbs... I mean curves!

s*** that suxs man, If it was me, I would kick myself for 2 days and then go get it fix if I have enough $$$

ben tracy said:
s*** that suxs man, If it was me, I would kick myself for 2 days and then go get it fix if I have enough $$$
lol, one problem, If i find a single wheel on ebay I may hit it up, but if you think i would kick myself now, what if i replaced the wheel and then messed it up! I may just wait till I get out of this skinny street concrete neighborhood.

I see an excuse to get new rims ! tell the wife it's her fault for making you do it when you were so tired. She could have gotten it herself.

looking closely at the side view of the mz3 5 door, she sits real low and the wheels dont stick out much, im lucky i didnt scrape the whole ground effect area. BTW this morning I got over 500 miles on her total, which means break in period was over, so I redlined her for the 1st time, fun. There are some curvy roads on my way home from work that the mustang could take at 50 mph and squeal tires and body role, the zx3 focus i have could take it at 55 easily, the mazda 3 1st time out takes it at 60, no body role, no tire squealing, honestly, being a stang driver for so many years, the car will go above 60 mph in this turn, im just the limiting factor until i learn this cars limits, which are exponentially better than the stangs ive had, though i wish it had the same 0-60 time :)

Same thing happened to me on my second day of ownership :(
I was just learning to drive stick and messed up both right rims... Sure sucks, but I'll end up using those in the winter (16") since I bought 17" rims to replace 'em :)

You can have that repaired for a fraction of the cost of buying a new wheel.

If you don't have a shop down there in Toodley-do, I know there are some up here. Check Yahoo yellow pages.

I was so pissed at myself when I curbed my stock P5 wheel. Now I have MP3 wheels that were already sorta curbed and I've just added more.
I've completely lost the excellent guaging that I had for the space on the right side of the car - not just that, but me too, I've been walking into a lot more walls and posts lately.

edit: looked at the pic. OUCH!!

Ill look into it when I get a chance, maybe saturday. Im guessing the rim new is 100ish, If they ca repair it under that I will wonder how they make a profit!

fam said:
Ill look into it when I get a chance, maybe saturday. Im guessing the rim new is 100ish, If they ca repair it under that I will wonder how they make a profit!

Ummm... no. The new rim is probably around $400-ish. Factory rims from a dealer are expensive as hell.

If it's any consolation, I just noticed a big rash mark on my RF wheel when I was washing it a couple days ago. I don't even know when it happened. Since these wheels are going to end up inside of my snow tires, I'm not too concerned. But still... (pissed)

I have yet to hit any curbs, kinda surprised because my other vehicle is a jeep with 33s and about 6 inches of lift.....I have been super careful in it though....thats why I signed up for the extra warranty package where they fix any flat for free or replace the tire and same for the rims...

Ill just camp on ebay till i find one for under 100, ive also seen a totalled m3 locally, maybe it has 1 good wheel!

eek id be scared to paint it, its so purty from factory, ill get with u on professional repair costs after i get around to getting it fixed!

Back