New grill.

Loose

:
CX-9/Mazdaspeed 3
Sorry for the amateur paint shop job. I'm thinking of having my bodyshop friend paint my upper grill like this and I was wondering if I should leave the inside of the mazda emblem white or just paint the whole damm thing?

Input?

Again, sorry for the hack job.

Attachments

• PIC173.JPG
    PIC173.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 678
  • PIC160.JPG
    PIC160.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 874
I like it, esp with the silver mazda symbol because it goes with the accent colors in the fog's and headlights. Not sure if it would look good on any other color but white though.

I'm trying...

AzMz3 said:
I'd just get the bottom grill painted white to match. Photoshop that and see how you like it.

I'm trying to break up the white. I feel it is too much and I don't want to put on a "bra."

Thanks...

krstofer said:
I like it, esp with the silver mazda symbol because it goes with the accent colors in the fog's and headlights. Not sure if it would look good on any other color but white though.
...for the only love on the post.

Loose said:
Sorry for the amateur paint shop job. I'm thinking of having my bodyshop friend paint my upper grill like this and I was wondering if I should leave the inside of the mazda emblem white or just paint the whole damm thing?

Input?

Likin' it! I think leaving the inside of the Mazda emblem would make it look a bit unfinished.

I think it's a great idea - You should do it! I think the more people that change their cars with personal touches, the better.

Bart

P.S. I don't even need to ask, right? :) p i c s

I'm diggin' it..
Maybe paint the emblem white like the body...from a distance it might seem as if it was floating in the middle of nowhere...neato (crazy)

Loose said:

Input?

If you want to make it black, why not just order the non-sport hatch grille from Europe. It looks like this (there's two blue hatch pics in the flash presentation):

http://www.mazda3.co.uk/

That's the euro-spec non-sport grille (black, and top bar of grille is body color). If you even want that top bar to be black. just order from Australia (where even the top bar is black, like the non-sport sedan grille in N. America).

You might as well order another grille instead of painting the existing sport grille so you can swap them whenever you want.

the one major flaw in the design of the 3, the overly gi-normous upper grill. wait for a good aftermarket grill to come out.

wongpres said:
If you want to make it black, why not just order the non-sport hatch grille from Europe. It looks like this (there's two blue hatch pics in the flash presentation):

http://www.mazda3.co.uk/

That's the euro-spec non-sport grille (black, and top bar of grille is body color). If you even want that top bar to be black. just order from Australia (where even the top bar is black, like the non-sport sedan grille in N. America).

You might as well order another grille instead of painting the existing sport grille so you can swap them whenever you want.
Here's a pic of the Australian non-sport grille (even top bar is black):

http://www.mazda.com.au/articles/images/m3hatch_header.jpg

Thank you.

wongpres said:
Here's a pic of the Australian non-sport grille (even top bar is black):

http://www.mazda.com.au/articles/images/m3hatch_header.jpg
I have been looking for an aftermarket grill but as the 5dr owners know the upper grill attaches to the hood (upper 2/3 of the grill) and the front bumper (the lower 1/3 of the grill). I don't even think the euro-spec grill will work w/o some body shop work. The euro-spec grill application may require a new front bumper fascia. Thank you ALL for your input. Totally appreciate it.

Tim (drive)

Thanks...

Pato311 said:
I'm diggin' it..
Maybe paint the emblem white like the body...from a distance it might seem as if it was floating in the middle of nowhere...neato (crazy)

I though it had the same effect.

bluntman said:
I hate to say this but the front end looks like a Toyota Solara.
I concur. I like the stock look much better, I just dont get it why would anyone want to modify the exterior appearance of a GT Mazda 3. It already looks good enough as it is. If you want to change the wheels lights, remove side mouldings, lower your ride, I am all for it.

Mikey444 said:
I'm just giving an opinion.

Not you, Mikey. The ones who said it made it look like a minivan (whose posts were deleted). Yours was constructive and you explained your position. No harm, no foul.

Back