does the sport package come with tinted windows?

ben tracy

:
Lava Orange Mazda 3 Hatchback (2004)
i am getting the mazda 3 hatchback, does it come with tinted windows if its a sport package? (shrug)

ben tracy said:
i am getting the mazda 3 hatchback, does it come with tinted windows if its a sport package? (shrug)

The sport package inlcudes different wheels and tires (17 in. Alloy's and 205/50R17 V-Rated Goodyear tires) and Side Sill Extensions. It's standard on all Mazda3 hatchbacks at least for the U.S. and it doesn't include tinted windows. Unless your dealer throws that in for you have to get that done yourself. That's what I just did!

in the broshures they sometimes tint the windows...I swear one car had 5%! Only suv's and maybe the pt cruser get tinted rear windows...anyone want to add to the list of vehicles that come stock with it?

Umm, unless I've missed something along the way, there is no sport package for a U.S. version Mazda3 5 door. All of the stuff that is included in the sport package for the 3 s sedan is standard on the hatchback.

Oh, and some people have claimed to get tint via the dealer, as part of their purchase price. So it appears you can try to ask them to include tinted windows in the deal, but I'd rather get my tint job done by someone I know and trust so I have more control over the quality of the tint, and the quality of the install.

FYI, many fine aftermarket tint jobs are guaranteed for the life of the car against fading, peeling, whatever. But if you get a tint paid for by the dealer, it will be included in the factory warranty, meaning after 4 years, or 40000 miles (I think the actual warranty period and specifics are different for each different market, but it's 4/40k here in the US), no more warranty for your tint. Just something to think about.

Heck, the way some of us are driving our 3's, we'll have over 40k miles in 2 years..

El Ropo said:
Umm, unless I've missed something along the way, there is no sport package for a U.S. version Mazda3 5 door. All of the stuff that is included in the sport package for the 3 s sedan is standard on the hatchback.
Yes that's one way to look at it, that is, the Noth American Mazda3s 5 door includes as standard features the wheels and side sills that are an optional package on the 4dr 3s. Another way to look at it is Mazda forces this 'option package' on the 5dr by adding not just the side sills and wheels but also the exact same MSRP cost of the 4dr's sport package price ($490) to the MSRP of the of the 5dr. (Instead of $16615 it is $17105). No free lunch. Either way, I think we agree that tinted windows aren't standard on either the 4dr or 5dr, they aren't a part of the sport package or other packages Mazda offers for the 3.
El Ropo said:
Oh, and some people have claimed to get tint via the dealer, as part of their purchase price. So it appears you can try to ask them to include tinted windows in the deal, but I'd rather get my tint job done by someone I know and trust so I have more control over the quality of the tint, and the quality of the install.

FYI, many fine aftermarket tint jobs are guaranteed for the life of the car against fading, peeling, whatever. But if you get a tint paid for by the dealer, it will be included in the factory warranty, meaning after 4 years, or 40000 miles (I think the actual warranty period and specifics are different for each different market, but it's 4/40k here in the US), no more warranty for your tint. Just something to think about.
I agree. I'd rather find a trusted aftermarket place with lifetime warranty. I just got my windows tinted and I'm pleased with the work, got it for less than what my dealer wanted to charge and it included a lifetime warranty. Having the dealer do it at the time you buy the car I guess is a good option if you're to broke to pay for tint separately and want the tint included in your car payment. Lol. A good tint job isn't all that much.
El Ropo said:
Heck, the way some of us are driving our 3's, we'll have over 40k miles in 2 years..
Don't remind me. I have 5600 miles on my car and I got the car in mid April. Most of it is from a few long trips though which I won't normally be taking so many of. This car is fun and practical and easy to rack up the mileage on.

well i just got my lava orange hatchback last night. The car is like a dream on how it drives. The hatchback did come with tinted windows and leather seats which is nice. (nana)

my car had 50% tint built into the glass all around (the sunroof appears to be 30%) but the front is clear and i believed the dealer mentioned that the glass was also energy absorbing.

but maybe that's to protect the nav's screen?

Back