Swapping 3i taillights

Crusher

:
2004 Mazda3
Anyone know if the clear taillights on the 3s model are directly interchangable with the red 3i lights? If so, is it just a matter of finding the correct screws and light plugs to change over or is there anything special that needs to be done?

Thanks

sedan to sedan I beleve so but hatch to sedan or visa versa isn't feasable. If it is like ours the bulbs stay in the housing while you do the swap and the lil plastic anchor pieces are unversal between the tails. either find someone who wants to trade out or go to parts dept and get the part # and see what they will charge. then take that part# to http://www.mazdastuff.com and see if they can beat it.

crusher- if you have 3i and want to put the 3s's taillights from where are you buying them. Dealer? How much ?

Sedan vs Hatch tails

The red tails from the sedan will NOT fit on the hatch and vise versa.... but there is hope out there!!! I found a set of the red tails and power folding mirrors on ebay from a totalled Japan-spec hatch (only found on the 2.0 and 1.5L models in Japan) that do fit on the US version perfectly. The tails ran me $270 shipped to the US (not bad since Mazda wants almost $600 for them). As far as getting a set for yourself, I recommend checking on ebay from time to time, the Japanese figured out years ago that we Americans have a deep craving for all things unique to Japan, due to this, there are companies in Japan that sell parts from damaged vehicles and ship them to the states, you just have to look hard enough to find them. Don't be discouraged though, the 3 is still a very new vehicle and it will just take a little time for more parts to become available. *Below are some pics of the conversion work on my 3:

1st-Custom Carbon-Fiber dash panel
2nd J-Spec Red Taillights
3rd The Switch control for the J-spec power folding mirrors
4th the Auto-EXE shift knob
5th Auto-EXE Carbon Fiber Ram-Air Intake and grounding kit

Avery
2004 Mazda3s 5-door, Winning Blue, 5-speed
Mods: Cork-Sport blue LED interior lighting kit, Auto-EXE carbon fiber Ram-Air intake kit and brushed titanium shift knob (available through Japan only), Axela badge, Red Axela J-spec taillights, power folding J-spec Axela mirrors w/control switch, Mazdaspeed Circle-Earth ground kit, custom carbon fiber radio-dash panel holding a Pioneer DEH-P9300 receiver, Audiobahn 2400w 4ch to 4 sets of Infinity Perfect 5 1/4" component speakers, MA Audio 1200w Mono-bloc Amp to 3 Alumapro Alchemy 10" subs (sealed box).

Coming soon: Auto-EXE exhuast and header set, Auto-EXE full suspension system, Recaro seats, 18x8" Do-luck Double-Six rims

Attachments

• rear shot.jpg
    rear shot.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 211
  • radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 176
  • mirror switch.jpg
    mirror switch.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 194
  • shifter and radio.jpg
    shifter and radio.jpg