Cleaning the Dash

Crusher

:
2004 Mazda3
What do you guys use to clean the dash and the rest of the interior? I'm reluctant to use Armor All because I don't want it to look "greasy". The dash material, especially over the glove box and center console doesn't look like "normal" dash material either.

I've use the mircofiber for dust and a clean damp cloth for the dash and and the rest of the interior (except for the carpet and seats, use shop-vac for that). Also when I park outside I put up a sunshade on the windwhield. I've had the car for a few months and that's kept things looking and smelling like new. Well ok, I also baby it in general and I don't personally smoke and I avoid eating in the car. I haven't heard the best things about Armor All and I don't want it or anything else that makes things look greasy or glossy. What is Stoner's?

the dash is coated with a material that alows you to use just warm water and rag to clean it...I use armoral wipes on the fronts but not the top for glare issues :) . if you have the black texture uper door panels like us then it doesn't look greasy but moisturized elegant look if you use the wipes...the steering wheel will look like you ate KFC if you use it on that untill you get another cloth and wipe the exces off. then it will look moisturized as well.

Last edited:
I use armor all wipes, i have all black inside the car, i'm questioning if i should be using it or not , and just use another product ...... not sure, is it any safe? i use it basically on my doors and the dash, glove compartment, of coarse not the steering wheel.

i used meguiers and don't really like them, unless you cover every inch of dash, it leaves dark and light spots, really frustration, and wipe is kind of dry(it's not old came sealed)

I used Blacks magic on my civic, but haven't cleaned the interior yet on the 3 (haven't had it two weeks).

Da 6, you armor all the steering wheel? That seems a little dangerous. A friend used to do that until it slipped out of his hand while trying to make a turn. :(

I applied 303 on the black interior the day I got it. After an entire month, I noticed everywhere my knee or hand would touch, a faint white mark would remain. This would occur especially below the window trim and the glove box.
I switched to ArmorAll, but just on the surfaces that I didn't want a glare or glossy look. I will continued to monitor.
Does anyone else have these white marks?

I have a Speed and I have never used anything on my dash. I have just hit 14K on my car and only use this black magic cloth that doesn't have any cleaner on it or anything. It's got this coral feel to it, and picks up all the dust.

For the Dash, I use a Swiffer Duster (keep it in the glovebox). When I wash the car, I'll go over the interior door panels etc. with a thoroughly moistened Microfiber towel (water only, no soap, or cleansers of any kind). There always seems to be a leftover white mark where I love to lean my elbow against the top of the door panel, but I can live with that, everything else looks nice all the time.

krstofer said:
Da 6, you armor all the steering wheel? That seems a little dangerous. A friend used to do that until it slipped out of his hand while trying to make a turn. :(
yes I wipe on, set sit, and wipe off. It gives it a moisterized look but no where near KFC eatin MF'n look ...Kinda like lotion...you don't just splash it on and go:D . I lose the tires grip before the steering wheel's

My steering wheel is leather wrapped and absorbs it especaly on a hot day...

Last edited:
redhotfire said:
I applied 303 on the black interior the day I got it. After an entire month, I noticed everywhere my knee or hand would touch, a faint white mark would remain. This would occur especially below the window trim and the glove box.
I switched to ArmorAll, but just on the surfaces that I didn't want a glare or glossy look. I will continued to monitor.
Does anyone else have these white marks?

I get those marks too - but I haven't used any chemicals on the surfaces, so I don't think it's your 303. I just use a Swiffer-type mitten-shaped thing and run my hand over everything. Warm lightly-soaped water for a deeper clean.

The white marks have been experienced by a few people - I've heard those trim pieces lovingly described as the "skin cell collectors". (lol2)

Bart

I found the spot remover products work rather well at removing scuff marks from door pannel and plastic trim just below it(smoke) now the thing is if you let it dry with the doors close on a hot day you get that aresol smell trapped in the car...

I use the Turtle Wax 2001 protectant wipes (not the spray). They don't make anything to greasy (even the steering wheel) and, they are lint-free and THICK! You only need 2-3 for the entire interior; dash, console, doors, hatchlid, splashguards, EVERYTHING!
(2thumbs)

I use 303 Aerospace. Ive been using it for about 3 years now and love it. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the plastic molding all along the side and use it on that. Keeps the plastic dark and repeals water and harmfull UV light rays that cause discoloration.

Maybe you're gonna lol but I use baby wipes for stains (I have the beige interion in a Velocity Red GS sedan Canada specs equivalent to a 3i in the states). and they do a great job. For the black dash just a micro fiber cloath.

Back