Blue calipers... How they look?

TX2000

:
Mazda 3 MS sedan
Just painted em a while ago .. what you think...

Attachments

• tire back.jpg
    tire back.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 924
  • tire front.jpg
    tire front.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 787
Looks great!

TuRbOtEcTicS said:
i agree. try and make it brighter. It will look better and be more noticable. :)

I like it as it is!

I want to paint mine too, now. What do you guys think would look good with the Indigo (strato) blue paint job?

Good job, TX2000!

~Bart~

yeah you should be cool with a few other colors other than yellow...I went with a red just because I like the red calipers I saw on a few other blue cars stock (Non Mazda) pict is real outdated but the calipers are the same color...only thing is be prepared to redo them if you ever go to the dealership cause they bang the wheels into them as if intentionally(chair)
373599_108_full.jpg

youlle have to redo them either way after a few years they will be more then ready for a new painting.

i got my paint from pepboys i bought the heat resistant metalic paint.. ill try to get a picture when i get my car out on the sun ...

Last edited:
sndsgood said:
youlle have to redo them either way after a few years they will be more then ready for a new painting.
I painted the calipers 3 months ago...owned the car maybe 6 and has 6000 miles on it...

Maybe it's the light for the pic but it seems too dark and doesn't "pop" as well. Maybe in direct sunlight it would show better.

either way give it a year or so and it will start fading and chipping. with road grime and brake dust and such.

I have a Solar Yellow 5-door. I was thinking Yellow calipers to match the paint. But, after reading this thread, I don't know. Maybe a bright red. Suggestions?

BTW, I havn't painted calipers before. Do you pull the calipers, tape off the vital parts and go to town with the rattle can?

I have a 5door, Black....I'm doing the engine dress-up blue, do you guys think the calipers will look good in blue too?????

Screamin'3 said:
I have a Solar Yellow 5-door. I was thinking Yellow calipers to match the paint. But, after reading this thread, I don't know. Maybe a bright red. Suggestions?

BTW, I havn't painted calipers before. Do you pull the calipers, tape off the vital parts and go to town with the rattle can?

Same question, did you guys just tape off the caliper or remove the thing? Also what'd you use to clean the caliper b4 painting?...

I'm thinking yellow for my sunlight silver 5dr, but am aiming for something more subtle.... I just like the look of silver and yellow..

engine block blue is my next choice. (poke)

I used a foam brush and a dremel(sander) with calipers on. Just put something down undernath it. I spayed the paint into the brush and put like 4-5 coates on every 6 mos or when dealership gets ahold of my car. I hope the hell they don't destroy my "Mazda" Decal on the front ones!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    341.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 203
Da 6 said:
I used a foam brush and a dremel(sander) with calipers on. Just put something down undernath it. I spayed the paint into the brush and put like 4-5 coates on every 6 mos or when dealership gets ahold of my car. I hope the hell they don't destroy my "Mazda" Decal on the front ones!

Thanks 6......BTW that decal looks really nice!! Where'd you get it? (cool)

Back