me wanty more tourque

:
2004 Mazda3 Sport GT
Hey there long time reader, first time poster.

I love my new 3 GT. I want more tourque though. Off the line till about 3500rpm this car kinda blows. I got the ATX tranny, and if you can shift to keep your revs above 4000 rpm this car is all speed, as many of you know.

What are some quick mods that can be done? I don't want to be ripping out the cam. Any hp gains would be great to. This should be an easy project, but the car is new, so everyhthing seems experimental, even if you can get the specifically designed a/f market parts.

I was thinking exhaust and intake for sure. But what about a new throttle body, udp setup, or turbo. Well maybe not the turbo, it would be sweet, but apparently that voids your warranty for some reason, go figure.

Thanks.

hey welcome to the party...I got the same engine...but in a heavier chassis...You got an intake...disregard the fillament issue....that would aleveate some of the slowness. vtcs is there and if removed you loose more low end and itsn't a restriction at high end. I say when you get an intake that works you will be a happy camper. I'm debating on the CPE one with the adjustable MAF! no tb to the best of my knoledge yet but someone is working on the intake mani and the cams are out IIRC but $239 a piece. did you do the resonator delete mod...it shows lil gains but you really hear when it shifts to vvt(thumb) . also another thing is in manual mode coast to 4k then punch it....and shift before the limiter!

Not only a timing chain but some crazy-ass procedure requiring special tools, four arms and a papal writ to set the timing.

also if you have an automatic...you can't utilize cam gears to advance the timing...also you might loose...or move low end to put it up top or the exact reverse. If you turbo...I'd see a logic in it but thats me.

If we tested your personality...

Da 6 said:
also if you have an automatic...you can't utilize cam gears to advance the timing...also you might loose...or move low end to put it up top or the exact reverse. If you turbo...I'd see a logic in it but thats me.

...we would most certianly find that you are a random abstract type. LOL J/K. Ideas are having a 5K race through your mind Da.

Back