MSM Roll Bars

MSM100

Has anyone got any tips on the best roll bar (not style bar) for the MSM. The windblocker is higher than on other models so is there a good design that allows you to keep this while meeting requirements for track days?

what sorta track days are you looking to run?

I've installed a harddog M2 Sport in mine. Only problem is I had to take the windblocker out. It would have fit, except for the speaker pods.. The pods on the '04s interefere with the rollbar. You could put a windblocker from and earlier car in, or creat something on your own..

But yeah.. check out the hard dog bars... Best ones outthere you're going to find.

Hard dog or Boss Frog. Those are the only two widely available scca approved roll-bars for the Miata. :)

maitai92 said:
brainstorm competition bars are SCCA approved too. :)
Technically, none of the bars are "SCCA Approved". The SCCA has requirements for what is acceptable in roll bar construction. The above mentioned bars meet those requirements. It will be up to the safety steward at the event you are running to ok your bar.

That said, if a bar meets the rules, I guess it's all the same. Anyway, I got the Hard Dog Hard Core bar because it meets the requirements for SOLO I (time trials and hill climbs) and I hope to do those some time. :) The Sport bar from HD is too small a tubing diameter to meet those SCCA rules. From what people tell me on the Miata.net forum, most tracks will let you run with the sport bar. I guess it depends on who is making the call, so to speak!

Back