Mazdaspeeds In Progress

JasonH

Found these over in this thread and figured if I missed them maybe some of you had too. Originally posted by Toadman, I hope he doesn't mind.

pic01.JPG

pic02.JPG

pic03.JPG

pic04.JPG

pic05.JPG

pic06.JPG

pic07.JPG

pic08.JPG

pic09.JPG

Last edited:
MMMatHeart said:
Does he say where this is happening, or where he is from?
No and no. He's made a total of four or five posts over there, and one of the earliest ones was an announcement of the Mazdaspeed from back in March. Toadman is as much a mystery as the location of the photographs (I'm guessing they're both in North America somewhere.)

I forgot to mention some observations:
The gas pedal has been changed from the pre-production cars.
The exhaust manifold heat shield looks awesome, as does the muffler.
Notice the orange stitching on the seats.
Notice the lack of any stereo which has yet to be installed.

My dealer is finally letting me put a deposit on one today. I've been on "the list" for months but I'll be the first with a deposit. They're speculating they could have one in stock in the next two weeks or so.

JasonH said:

Notice the orange stitching on the seats.

and the on the leather-wrapped steering wheel too! :D

I think Toadman from the other forum is a 'lurker' from within, if you know what i mean :eek:

ZoomZoomH said:

and the on the leather-wrapped steering wheel too! :D

I think Toadman from the other forum is a 'lurker' from within, if you know what i mean :eek:

Well he'd pretty much have to be to get such detailed spy-shots that are obviously taken while the cars are being completed. Very impressive regardless.

I think this is the best bang for the buck. I just came from my Mazda dealer, and I guess I will keep my P5. I cannot justify the extra $3,000-$4,000 dealer mark-up. At that price, the Subaru is also a contender. Congratulations to those who get this baby :(

My ears were burning so I felt compelled to register over here. :)
Hi guys! Nice reconning of me JasonH :D. I got those pics from someone else so I'm not a Mazda insider. Do me a favor... can you host them on your own site rather than hot-linking them? My bandwidth limit is getting really chewed up. Anyways, that facility is in Michigan and these babies will be at dealers by the end of the month very latest I hear. :)

Last edited:
hey toadman...this VERY SITE has an image upload feature under your "user cp" control panel...check it out, you can host them here.

Thanks. :) Check out Superstreet October issue for write-up/pics. It was in September 2nd issue of Autoweek of course. And also last month's Sport Compact Car with the 350Z on the cover.

Last edited:
Toadman said:
My ears were burning so I felt compelled to register over here. :)
Hi guys! Nice reconning of me JasonH :D. I got those pics from someone else so I'm not a Mazda insider. Do me a favor... can you host them on your own site rather than hot-linking them? My bandwidth limit is getting really chewed up. Anyways, that facility is in Michigan and these babies will be at dealers by the end of the month very latest I hear. :)

awesome! glad your with us now. :)

wtf I thought they were getting better brakes?? and the exhaust is diffrent :eek: don't like the new int... as much, I think I'll get thost peddles though. but over all I'll stick wit ma mp3 and get a after market turbo :) I dont think I could live with that color and I like the mp3 wheels better ;) looks good though way to go mazda!

You sure the head unit isn't installed yet? I think that's how it looks when the car is off and the faceplate is flipped.

Back