Headroom

mraasch

I noticed that the seats in the MS Miata sit up a bit high.

I'm 6' tall and am wondering if I'll fit correctly in the car without going to the "gangsta lean". Also hoping that one of the convertible top support bars won't be directly overhead, which might limit headroom more.

Any comments?

1) I don't think that the seats in the MSM are any different than the other '01+ Miata seats, just covered differently. They all have the tall seatback "surfboard" look.

2) You're going to have to try it yourself. Some people over 6' fit just fine, and some people under 6' don't fit. Part of it has to do with how much of your height is in your legs, part has to do with how long your arms are, and part has to do with how tolerant you are to odd seating positions.

lol. Trust me there is no such thing as "gangsta lean" in a Miata. Imagine a movie theatre seat with it's legs cut off and that is about your driving position if you are +6'.

BTW, I am 6'2" and I find our Miata pretty comfy. Well mabey more like cozy. But, don't worry about headroom. You sit very low in the car and the headroom is suprisingly good.

The biggest gripe you will probably have is that you keep closing your left knee in between the door and the steering wheel. But, you'll get used to that and learn to keep your legs straight out when closing the door.

Back