**Circuit City Guy Part 2**

ROSB

:
Mazda 3 2004 & Infiniti G35
Ok, here is the new one.

Today I bought a Car Alarm at Circuit City, I bought the interior
door unlock/lock options too

Well, he calls me 1 hour later, then says that my door locks are cable not
the "other" kind.....therefore he cant do the Car Alarm option of unlock/lock options with Truck release.

I have a 3i with no power windows

I know the car is new, but is this true??

Last edited:
If you have power locks, you can do it.

What alarm did you buy? I just ordered the Autopage RS850LCD. Can't wait to get it!!

Krs
[edit]

STOP GOING TO CIRCUIT CITY!!!

;)
[/edit]

yes please. stop having stuff installed on your car by retards at circuit city. you are better off going to a tweeter/hifibuys or if you can find a reputable local shop, go there. do yourself a favor and never have anything installed by circuit city or best buy ever again.

protejay5 said:
yes please. stop having stuff installed on your car by retards at circuit city. you are better off going to a tweeter/hifibuys or if you can find a reputable local shop, go there. do yourself a favor and never have anything installed by circuit city or best buy ever again.

your right. Im going to another shop today for the alarm door locks.

CC and other big box stores are not the place to get custom stereo work done. A few weeks ago, I walked into every big box store in my area, and none of them had a clue as to what a 5 x 7 to 6.5" speaker adapter was. That is really sad. They had zero knowledge in a field where they should know what they're talking about...

If you don't have factory power door locks, then they are telling the truth as you don't have an actuator to move the mechanism in the door. You can still add door locks but a small actuator has to be installed in each door and wired up which costs alot more.
The trunk works the same way, if you don't have a facotry power trunk pop, then you have to add an actuator and wiring to do it. Its sketchy but the Optional charge is to usualy splice in a single wire and maybe a resistor or two. Typicly these wires are in lower left kick panel so they already have the wiring exposed.

I'll put it this way, alarm / remote starters are the most profitable part of the car audio industry :D. I had a guy I used to work with that could install a $500 DEi 790XVi in 2 hours with door locks and some other option that basicly made him $200

1sty said:
If you don't have factory power door locks, then they are telling the truth as you don't have an actuator to move the mechanism in the door. You can still add door locks but a small actuator has to be installed in each door and wired up which costs alot more.
The trunk works the same way, if you don't have a facotry power trunk pop, then you have to add an actuator and wiring to do it. Its sketchy but the Optional charge is to usualy splice in a single wire and maybe a resistor or two. Typicly these wires are in lower left kick panel so they already have the wiring exposed.

I'll put it this way, alarm / remote starters are the most profitable part of the car audio industry :D. I had a guy I used to work with that could install a $500 DEi 790XVi in 2 hours with door locks and some other option that basicly made him $200

That is what I thought. I bought the actuators for all the doors, then he called me 1hr later saying that its cable based and couldnt do it. :(

RossB, I just realized you're in Santa Barbara, You need to go talk to my buddies at Mission Audio. They're in the 200 Block of west Mission Street. Oops, I just checked, and it appears they've moved around the corner to 1910 De La Vina St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 PH#(805) 682-7575

Talk to Ric, or Bill. I've known both of them for quite a while. They'll treat you right, and won't give you any BS. These people have been in the business for close to 15 years, and know how to do their job very well.

Tell Ric or Bill that Roger, the ex-Laser Audio/yellow cab dude (who is now living in Texas) recommended them. They'll get a kick in the pants out of that, seeing as I haven't spoken with them in over 6 years lol.

Damn I'm tired of hearing of hating on circuit city (I work there). I personally worked with a few alarms on III's with virtually no problems which where a viper 790xvr (which we no longer carry) and a few Code Alarms which is very installer friendly.

I personally had problems with my doorlocks with my prestige aps996c alarm. on my 5

it just takes time, not everyone was born like 1sty and knows everything.

plus III's are fairly new to the market and all the info is not out there or correct.
stop hatin, if we **** it up in any way, we pay for it, relax it will get done, just b**** about it, and I know you won't get that in a local shop. I know that here in miami (3 stores: Hialeah, West Dade, and Dadeland) we barely run into problems with cars, but yes we have had people come back because we haven't finished or can't figure out some problems.

or it just the people around your way are dumb asses.

but the fact you feel the need to call us retards, is not cool because we do have reptuable installers here.)

Have nice day!

what blows me away is that these people get jobs there and have no product knowledge but someone like me can walk in there and tell them stuff they don't know but then i apply for that job and not a damn thing. that aggravates me!@@#$(@*#&@(*&$

ROSB said:
That is what I thought. I bought the actuators for all the doors, then he called me 1hr later saying that its cable based and couldnt do it. :(
Cable door locks?

Mr Magnum said:
Damn I'm tired of hearing of hating on circuit city (I work there). I personally worked with a few alarms on III's with virtually no problems which where a viper 790xvr (which we no longer carry) and a few Code Alarms which is very installer friendly.

I personally had problems with my doorlocks with my prestige aps996c alarm. on my 5

it just takes time, not everyone was born like 1sty and knows everything.

plus III's are fairly new to the market and all the info is not out there or correct.
stop hatin, if we **** it up in any way, we pay for it, relax it will get done, just b**** about it, and I know you won't get that in a local shop. I know that here in miami (3 stores: Hialeah, West Dade, and Dadeland) we barely run into problems with cars, but yes we have had people come back because we haven't finished or can't figure out some problems.

or it just the people around your way are dumb asses.

but the fact you feel the need to call us retards, is not cool because we do have reptuable installers here.)

Have nice day!
There is absolutly no excuse for lying to a customer or taking on a job that you are unqualified to do. If you don't know how to install an alarm then your shop had better have someone employeed there that does to help you threw it.

People work hard for there cash and have the right to have someone perfesional, knowledgable and truth work on there car and they have an even bigger right to be pissed when that doesn't happen. Its not a matter of someone accidently breaking something, but instead of someone feeding a customer a line of BS when they should be saying truthfully that they don't know what the hell they are doing.

Every shop has good and bad installers. Each can have strength and weakness's in different areas but its all too often that shops like circuit city and best buy have a LARGE amount of installers that are totaly untrained, unknowledgable about audio and have no senior installer to learn from. THis is unacceptable.

brealmp3 said:
what blows me away is that these people get jobs there and have no product knowledge but someone like me can walk in there and tell them stuff they don't know but then i apply for that job and not a damn thing. that aggravates me!@@#$(@*#&@(*&$
Its becuase thet aren't hiring :D

If you want to get hired, be sure to mention you have all your own tool and that you have knowledge of alot of different cars. PLaces like CC and BB want people they don't have to train, because they aren't going to.

Back