Which is it????????????

tritonheat1

Banned
:
06 MS6, 98 A4 1.8T Rebuilt
On the Mazdaspeed protege couple sites got the torque at 160lb-fts@3500rpms and some other sites have it at 155lb-fts@4500rpms. Ok which is it it's kinda confusing, a little help would be appreciated???????thanx:confused:

well considering as how NEITHER site is an actual MAZDA site....BOTH could be wrong. I would be looking to Mazda's actual website to get the hot poop on the car.

If I'm not mistaken the 160lb-fts is the power to the engine & the 155lb-fts is the power to the wheels. If this is true the power that is lost is minimal making me even more happy that I have this car on order......;)

RuggedMazda said:
If I'm not mistaken the 160lb-fts is the power to the engine & the 155lb-fts is the power to the wheels. If this is true the power that is lost is minimal making me even more happy that I have this car on order......;)

sorry dude but you are mistaken. that would be less than a 4% drivetrain loss and thats impossible ;)

mazda claims that the torque will be around 160... but after seeing SCC's actual dyno of 150 fwtq, the MSP's torque is more like 170-175 at the motor. thats with about a 17% drivetrain loss which is the norm

Ok I may be mistaken, but thats what i remamber seeing in the same SCC mag, but hey I trust you know what your talking about... Also why would Mazda down play torque gains?

Sir Nuke said:
well considering as how NEITHER site is an actual MAZDA site....BOTH could be wrong. I would be looking to Mazda's actual website to get the hot poop on the car.

ok i looked at mazda's website at www.mazdausa.com and it showed the MS-P's Specs

2.0L DOHC 16-VALVE Turbocharged and intercooled
170hp@6000rpms
160lb-fts@3500rpms
Redline:(TBD) to be determined

I don't know still if it's better for the MS-P to have 155lb-fts or 160lb-fts torque. Cause if you take a look at C&D for the september issue they have the MS-P at 170Hp and 155lb-fts of torque and the results came out.

0-60....6.9sec
1/4mile..15.4@91mph

and if you take a look at like autoweek and M&T supposely they have better results like autoweek has it at.

Autoweek:

0-60....6.6-7sec
1/4mile 14.9sec@93.18mph

and Supposely M&T

0-60....6.5sec
1/4mile 14.9sec@93.8mph

So i don't know if having the Torque set higher at 160@3500rpms is good or not or if having the Torque set lower at 155@4500rpms but the thing is where the rpms is at is where the max torque is set so 4500rpms is kinda closer to redline than 3500rpms is but independent stats have returned better results.:confused:

Couple of possible reasons:

1. CA and other state emissions

2. Changes in the published numbers (updates)

Mazda says 160 lb-ft torque and 170 hp at the crank.

SCC dyno'd one at 150 lb-ft torque and 151 hp at the wheels.

Back