TWM short shifter installed

ssinstaller

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
The shifter is great, and the install instructions are excellent. I was going to do a writeup, but if you can't follow the included instructions, you don't need to attempt the install yourself.

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,531
  • shifter installed.jpg
    shifter installed.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,315
cool. lookin good. I got a TWM short shifter for the Pro and love it. Now it's time for you to get a new boot.

Wow... that thing is really short! (boom01)

Have you driven it yet? How does it feel?

That was my fear as well - seems like it's so short that it's almost down INSIDE the console... Wish there was something in the middle - half way between the stock shifter and this one...

jtallon said:
That was my fear as well - seems like it's so short that it's almost down INSIDE the console... Wish there was something in the middle - half way between the stock shifter and this one...
It's not that low, but it isn't comfortable to rest your arm on the console and shift anymore.

Attachments

• sideshifter.jpg
    sideshifter.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,482
Ok, so does this thing change the location of either of the cables or the pivot point or anything?
Or is it just 2" shorter with aluminum bushings?
Maybe it's just me but everything but the knob looks to be in the same location as stock.

goldwing2000 said:
Ok, so does this thing change the location of either of the cables or the pivot point or anything?
Or is it just 2" shorter with aluminum bushings?
Maybe it's just me but everything but the knob looks to be in the same location as stock.

It changes the location of the pivot point and is 2" shorter.

Just installed my TWM short shifter. Very nice, but the whole shifter seems to be shifted (no pun intended) to the right in the shifter cutout - first and second gear are about at the middle of the cutout (side to side), 5th and reverse are right along the right hand side of the cutout.

Is this the way the rest of your guys TWM shifters is ? Any adjustment that can be made to pull it back to the left a bit ? I'm thinking about putting a washer or two under the metal bushings on the bottom of the right-hand side of the shift mount...

jtallon said:
Just installed my TWM short shifter. Very nice, but the whole shifter seems to be shifted (no pun intended) to the right in the shifter cutout - first and second gear are about at the middle of the cutout (side to side), 5th and reverse are right along the right hand side of the cutout.

Is this the way the rest of your guys TWM shifters is ? Any adjustment that can be made to pull it back to the left a bit ? I'm thinking about putting a washer or two under the metal bushings on the bottom of the right-hand side of the shift mount...

My shifter seems to sit just like stock. If it is different, I haven't noticed.

jtallon said:

That would make sense due to the fact that the stock shifter has a dog-leg in it and the TWM is straight. I wondered about that myself.

Back