MSP buyers in the US?????

:
07 F150 HD
how many of your MSP buyers or fans are here in the US? and where? What dealers are you going through? what are the terms of your sale? What info has your dealer given you?

I put this in its own thread because some things seem to be signifacntly different between the US and Canada, like price for one, and potentially the arrival date. We have lots of shots of MSPs in vancouver now but none in US ports that I know of. Also I want ot hear what your US dealers have told you because although I have confirmed my new dealer is a MSP dealer, and I have a deposit with them, and they are the #1 dealer in the state, they dont seem to be 150% Mazdaspeed gung ho (when I went in a cple weeks ago they didnt have any brochures even......I actually gave one of my extra brochures to the DEALER....)

lemme kno!

Parks Mazda , High Point, NC is where i'm getting mine from...hopefully....not sure if i'll have the down payment in time...oh well....i'm tryin to haggle with the dealer to hold the car...which i think they are gonna do because they don't have anyone else down with a deposit.....my terms are to purchase the car at MSRP. It seems most of us know more about these things than the dealers....it does suck that i lost my connection with the dealer because my salesman quit and now works with me as part of the TSA (Transportation Security Administration)....yes the wierdos taking over security of the airports....hey..it pays good and its with the federal government...anyways. thats a little more than 2 cents...keep the change....

PS. anyone looking for a good job and are preferablly 18 and over....go to www.tsa.gov and apply for screening positions....it has good benefits and good pay....anyways...another 2 cents.
later guys..

I had my deposit down ($500.00 Cdn) in NorthHill Mazda, in Calgary back to April. They said they will have 2 MSP. It's fully refundable but it didn't say it will hold against the MSRP... but I don't think they'll charge over the MSRP in Canada, otherwise I'll go somewhere. (butt)

Chicago, IL
I went to the Autobarn Mazda, in Countryside, IL. I showed them a brochure I recieved in the mail, and they said "Its not out..." and looked at me funny. I told him "Heh, yeah I know, but I REALLY want one...can I put a deposit on it?"
So I put $500 deposit down (all of my checking account :( ). Pretty simple, I'm sure the dealer won't say no to your money. If they do, they are retarted :)

They are the biggest dealer around here, so I'm assuming they will at least get 5 or so.

I have a deposit down at modern mazda in thomaston, CT & I
did it all over the phone, plus only put $100.00 as deposit, but it's only for now next week I'll have the other $400.00 to make the $500.00 deposit. They are the biggest dealer & have no problem selling at MSRP, also if at any time i change my mind ( I wont....)
they will refund the money with no problem. So if your in the area give them a call & ask for Tom Sheehan & tell him steven told you all about the great service they have over the phone...... ;)

Go with a big, respected, "Mazda Elite" dealer such as BILL COOK Imports, Farmington Hills, Michigan.

@Bill Cook ask for Ray Smith and tell him ANDREW recommended him. He is the sales associate I worked with, he loves cars, is very knowledgable and IMHO that helps the process. He dragged me over to look a the new Nissan Z (even tho he could have lost the Mazda sale if I had fell in love with it). He is the only person to have gotten immersed in the MSP at that dealership (thanks to me, I guess).

They are the biggest Mazda dealer in the state, the only Elite dealer in the state so they are getting more than any other dealers in Michigan. They are selling the vehicle to me for MSRP, I was the first person with a deposit. They began taking deposits this week after receiving official word that they were definately getting MSP's. That policy speaks volumes to me.

...Whitten Mazda in Richmond, VA. Hopefully I'll have a down payment together by then, if not I'll pray for the rumored second run in the spring. I'm also looking at a dealership in Fredricksburg (forgot the name) b/c I have a feeling Whitten will charge over MSRP like they did w/MP3s and Capital Mazda simply treated me like crap.

well....looks like i'm not goin to be gettin a mazdaspeed...sorry fellas.....but the dealer isnt willing to work with me as far as holding the car.....it sux i know...but i am getting a new car..just not a mazda.....I used to have a dodge stratus RT when they first arrived here.....and the dodge dealership down the street from me is busting their a$$es to get me into a car without no downpayment....thought the 3K rebate helps right now....anyways...sorry to inform you guys i wont be getting a MSP..i'll still stick around the forum to answer questions and what not.....talk to you guys later.

RuggedMazda said:
I have a deposit down at modern mazda in thomaston, CT & I
did it all over the phone, plus only put $100.00 as deposit, but it's only for now next week I'll have the other $400.00 to make the $500.00 deposit. They are the biggest dealer & have no problem selling at MSRP, also if at any time i change my mind ( I wont....)
they will refund the money with no problem. So if your in the area give them a call & ask for Tom Sheehan & tell him steven told you all about the great service they have over the phone...... ;)

Modern is where I went for my MSP since Morande in Manchester CT were being enormous 4SSHOLES........

my deposit is with Jeff Smith

my # is 860-974-1949 (im not terribly worried about ppl from this board calling and harassing me)

lets keep in close contact since we are buying the same car from the same dealer and whatnot! Lemme know when you hear things from them and I will do likewise, keep in touch with prices, options, and tihngs they might be throwing in for free too!

its excellent to find someone else who is buying one fromt he same dealership........BTW........my deposit was only 250 at Modern Mazda

im guessing deposit is an arbitrary thing dependant on who the guy is that is selling you your car and how insecure he is about your being positive you are going to actually buy the car once it comes in..........
AOL IM: slug420

Hey slug420 that sounds cool, I'm in ny, but I don't think the dealer is more then an hour away from me something like 35 miles.
So what is it going to be the Hot Spicy Orange or Black?
If what the sales guy told me was right you'll have the first
orange one to hit the dealer. I really hope they get at least two
orange. :cool:
Hey I think its a good idea to stay in contact, so if any one of the sales guys gets any funny ideas & tries to get more then they should......I'm only willing to pay MSRP & nothing more......

yep, my deposit is on an orange one
i cant wait!

From what I gather we shouldn't have any problem at all with them trying to charge over MSRP. When I called in to ask how much they were charging I didnt try to talk them into giving it to me for MSRP the salesman simply stated "charge over MSRP? we dont do that kind of thing here, theres no reason for it". Really comforting to hear that from a dealer.

But this is my first new car buying experience so it will be great for us to keep in touch with what we are able to talk the dealer into giving us/what they offer, like free rustproofing or whatever.....

phantom said:
I had my deposit down ($500.00 Cdn) in NorthHill Mazda, in Calgary back to April. They said they will have 2 MSP. It's fully refundable but it didn't say it will hold against the MSRP... but I don't think they'll charge over the MSRP in Canada, otherwise I'll go somewhere. (butt)

Hey, what's up man?

Are you the only one with a deposit at North Hill? I'm #3 at Kramer. You have a P5 as well? I'm hoping to sell mine before the MS-P comes out.

SILVER-P5: I am the first in the list, they said they'll only have 2 at NorthHill. they told me today that the other guy dropped out coz' he wants to get the RX-8 instead.

do you get any info from Kramer? I just went to Northhill today and they said they'll have the second run for MS-P around FEB, but they'll know what color it will be by the time the orange MS-P arrive, so I guess I still have time to decide....

hey.... mine P5 for sale too.... I think they'll ripped me off if I trade that in.

Very nice to know there someone in Calgary in this board too!!:D

I am going Saturday to Orrin B. Hayes Mazda in Kalamazoo, Michigan to put my $500 deposit down. I haven't found out if it is refundable or goes against MSRP. MSRP is 19,980 + 500 for destination. I am working on Finance right now...... They are getting 4 MSP's not sure of color. I what a black one and they are talking beginning to mid October for delivery.

I have good repor with 2 dealers, Hayes, and one in Cincy, OH. Both have faxed me some "inside" information on this car. One is a list of what all is with the car and the other was an Email from a VP of Sales that says this car should sell for MSRP and that is it. I sent it to Andr3w. I have had a good experience so far with these two dealers. I had one tell me they were going to sell it for 2K over MSRP. I told them to stick it.

-Jeremy-

Last edited:
RuggedMazda said:
Hey slug420 that sounds cool, I'm in ny, but I don't think the dealer is more then an hour away from me something like 35 miles.
So what is it going to be the Hot Spicy Orange or Black?
If what the sales guy told me was right you'll have the first
orange one to hit the dealer. I really hope they get at least two
orange. :cool:
Hey I think its a good idea to stay in contact, so if any one of the sales guys gets any funny ideas & tries to get more then they should......I'm only willing to pay MSRP & nothing more......

Sup guys...RuggedMazda, i'm in NY too...good ideas ...What dealership are you going to??

I live in Westchester so i'm going to the one in Nanuet (rockland county). But like yourself, i'm looking to pay MSRP and nothing more...

like you said, i think it's a good idea if we in the tri-state area all keep in contact...

We are both getting ours from Modern Mazda in Thomaston CT.
Its an hour and a half from you Boosted, thats how far it is from me too. They are one of the top dealers in the country, if you look on the MAZDAusa page in their presidential guild and stuff. They wont charge over MSRP, so if no one in the greater NYC area is willing to sell for MSRP, this may be your place.

If ya do tell Jeff Smith that Chris sent ya ;)

If you do talk to jeff, or if you talk to a dealer in the NYC area, this CT dealership is going to Mazdaspeed school on monday in NJ! I imagine that any NYC dealers will also be going to this same MAzdaspeed school on the same date, if you dealer will leak a town in NJ to you and its not too far maybe you can hook us up with more spy shots :p :p

Getting mine from the internet dept from Capital Mazda in Cary, North Carolina. I'll be putting my deposit down on Monday.

I'm getting mine for $20,000. They are not selling over MSRP and I get the $500.00 off for being a recent college grad. Not sure about the arrival date yet. Late October would probably work best for my finances.

I'm getting mine for $20,000

How can you be so sure...dealers will say anything to get your buisness...I'm very interested to see what total prices people will post once they have the msp in there driveway.

I can post exactly what i'm paying for mine if i end up getting it. My dealer in high point, NC called me back to get my business....my deal was i didnt think i would have the down payment when the car came in but now i might...plus they are holding the car for me with my deposit. I am going to pay 21,470...which breaks down to 20,500 for the MSRP...615 for tax....65 tags.....and 290 doc fee...and thats in writing on my receipt for my deposit. I just told the dealer I'm not playing games...i'm a serious buyer....but i just started working for the government so its gonna take me a month to come up with 2000 dollars....plus insurance money and all that good stuff.....anyways...thats what i'm paying if i stick with getting this car.

Antoine said:

How can you be so sure...dealers will say anything to get your buisness...I'm very interested to see what total prices people will post once they have the msp in there driveway.

I know how dealers play games. Thats why I have it in writing. I will get shafted w/ the doc fee, etc of course. :mad:

Back