"2.3" emblems on the side doors

cassio

:
Mazda, 3, Hatch Silver
Hi everyone,
this is my first post, so bear with me for the silly questions. I have a Mazda3 hatch with everything expect leather and nav system. I took the car for the first oil change a couple of weeks ago and some models in the lot had the 2.3 emblem on the doors . Mine a few other cars I've seen on the road don't have them. I was just wondering if this was added later during production. The new brochures also show the emblem....thanks.

cassio said:
Hi everyone,
this is my first post, so bear with me for the silly questions. I have a Mazda3 hatch with everything expect leather and nav system. I took the car for the first oil change a couple of weeks ago and some models in the lot had the 2.3 emblem on the doors . Mine a few other cars I've seen on the road don't have them. I was just wondering if this was added later during production. The new brochures also show the emblem....thanks.
Yeah mazda did alot of changes...for example the V6 badges on the 6 changed size and location on the door for example...I got 4 2.3 badges and placed them on the doors where the 3's have them, on the trunklid where the 2.3 would have gone for the european cars and one on passenger side dash under the right air vent.If you want the badges the link is below...
http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1866

i'm glad i didnt get them. i dislike the badges, stupid mazda had to put holes in the body for the ones on the back, now i gotta pay big bucks just to get rid of them ugggh

thats the 626 and millenia....only the mazda emblem itself has holes...2.3 and mazda 3 are just 3m'ed on there. I like the badging....just my little phase for now....later I'll prabably shave them with the moldings.

Thanks guys. I will try to ask the dealer next time I am there. Actually, I think I would like it better if it was just one 2.3 badge on the rear lid on the right side, maybe right below my upcoming Axela badge....:)

yep my 2.3 badge is on the right side

I'm also new to the forum...I've got the hatch...and I have two 2.3 badges one on both front doors...and i was wondering what is "axela"?

Touch of Grey said:
I'm also new to the forum...I've got the hatch...and I have two 2.3 badges one on both front doors...and i was wondering what is "axela"?

It's the Asian version of the Mazda3.

Touch of Grey said:
so...whats the point in puttin the badge on an american one? or is it just for looks?

It's mainly for looks. I'm putting one on mine when I get around to it, since the car is Japanese and is known as the Axela in Japan.

ironically...i just found ot about the "axela" thing today...and i went ahead and did some impulse buying...i just ordered the badge lol

Axela=3
Atenza=6

170 Hp non duratec block 2.3 (sad1)

cassio said:
Hi everyone,

Did you ever get an answer to your question? cause I would like to know the answer too thanks

supposedly if you ask the dealer, sometimes they'll give them to you for free. I've heard alot of people claim that. Otherwise, go to i could have sworn that corksport.com was selling them for a while (though i can't find them now...)

- just browsed through corksport and didn't see them, maybe they ran out. Mazdastuff has them but wants $8. In May I emailed Mazdausa and they eventually showed up though it took a while. I've left them off for now at least. Maybe down the road I'll change my mind.

By the way, Mazdausa sent them to me for free. If your dealer won't give them to you or you don't feel like asking them try emailing Mazda instead.

My dealer...

dannyboy said:
supposedly if you ask the dealer, sometimes they'll give them to you for free. I've heard alot of people claim that. Otherwise, go to i could have sworn that corksport.com was selling them for a while (though i can't find them now...)

...offered them for free but I left them off. I believe they can put them on your car and call it a "warrantee item." This keeps them from absorbing the cost...

...or you can pay for them @ Da's link.

Back