Pedal Install

Mazda3Zoomer

:
Mazda 3s - 5 door.
Pedal Instal

I got some sleek looking Nekoi Tokyo pedals w/ dead pedal.

I can either drill them in or use the foldon metal clips...

my question is if i drill them in, do i drill into the rubber that makes up the stock pedal or do i take the rubber off and drill into the metal plate the rubber surrounds?

i dont know about the pedals but FYI theres nothin to drill a dead pedal into to. i was puttin one on my car and under the carpet its a big chunk of styrofoam (which u cant mount anything into). (nana)

Take off the stock rubber or you won't get a good mounting. That and you can put the rubbers back on when you sell the car and they'll look brand new. (thumb)

mazda3zoom said:
i dont know about the pedals but FYI theres nothin to drill a dead pedal into to. i was puttin one on my car and under the carpet its a big chunk of styrofoam (which u cant mount anything into). (nana)

any ideas on how to get the deadpedal on then?

I got the dead pedal on mine. Mind you ..different pedals though. We used 2 screws for the dead pedal. I left my rubber pedals on and used the pedal's metal mounting clips.

I have the same pedals (they are pretty slick, aren't they?) and I took off the rubber and used the clips. It was a little trickier than I expected; the pedal under the rubber isn't flat, and the way the pedals are made, you can't bend the clips the way you want to. I used some fat double-sided tape in the valley of the pedal to even it out, and for a little extra stickiness. Don't know if you have an auto or 5-sp, but if it's 5-sp, the clutch pedal is made entirely of plastic, so be careful if you drill it. For the dead pedal, I just screwed it into the carpet, it's holding fine. The clips need to be re-tightend every now and then, but so far, they've held and they look and feel great!
(2thumbs)

Pato311 said:
I have the same pedals (they are pretty slick, aren't they?) and I took off the rubber and used the clips. It was a little trickier than I expected; the pedal under the rubber isn't flat, and the way the pedals are made, you can't bend the clips the way you want to. I used some fat double-sided tape in the valley of the pedal to even it out, and for a little extra stickiness. Don't know if you have an auto or 5-sp, but if it's 5-sp, the clutch pedal is made entirely of plastic, so be careful if you drill it. For the dead pedal, I just screwed it into the carpet, it's holding fine. The clips need to be re-tightend every now and then, but so far, they've held and they look and feel great!
(2thumbs)

thanks for the tip!.... but the gas pedal i just realized is curved and not flat... is it possible to bend the pedal to confrom to the accelerator?

I put red line aluminum pedals on my car.....I took off the rubber on the brake and used the clips it came with......for the gas pedal I carefully drilled small holes and used the self tapping screws that the kit came with. The gas peadal is plastic, so be careful!!!

I also bent the gas pedal a little bit because it didn't have the curve that the stock pedal has....

richrat said:
I put red line aluminum pedals on my car.....I took off the rubber on the brake and used the clips it came with......for the gas pedal I carefully drilled small holes and used the self tapping screws that the kit came with. The gas peadal is plastic, so be careful!!!

I also bent the gas pedal a little bit because it didn't have the curve that the stock pedal has....

im gonna try to bend mine with a small slege hammer and a blowtorch...

Didn't bend the gas pedal, that was the only one where the clips actually worked well! If I had to do it all over again, I would probably drill, but it's good for now, so I'm not going to futz around with it! (drive)

The dealer called today to tell me my pedals are in. I'll post pics before and after I get them on.

since we r talkin bout pedals...is anyone else having a problem with their gas pedal occasionally getting stuck under the all weather floor mat? i think thats whats happenin...but since while im drivin i cant also get in the floor in the split second its happenin...im not sure...so anyone else havin that prob? i think i just need a shorter pedal

Clips are friendly

I put on my pedals and noticed the big silver clips stick out the bottom. OMG I thought this is crap. Looks like a 5 year old (well in a way I am) put these things on or at least designed them.

Anyway my point is.... a little flat black hobby paint cleans then up really well and actually blends in very well with the carpet. You CAN'T see the clips anymore when they are right there.

xxx

Back