Start-up Problems

Mazda Sales

:
Mz3 ATX
Hey Guys,

I have a problem starting up my 3s everytime it sits out too long in the parking lot. Is this because of the fuel pump not getting enough fuel to the engine to start it or what? On my second try, I always get the car started, but on the first try it will not start properly. What's up? Any ideas. Let me know!

Thanks!

Only suggestions is too bring it back to the dealer for service. Not good to guess what is going on with your brand new baby.

Mazda Sales said:
Hey Guys,

I have a problem starting up my 3s everytime it sits out too long in the parking lot. Is this because of the fuel pump not getting enough fuel to the engine to start it or what? On my second try, I always get the car started, but on the first try it will not start properly. What's up? Any ideas. Let me know!

Thanks!

The fuel pump is deffective, same problem with my car, and many others, looks like Mazda might have to issue a recall

Mikey444 said:
The fuel pump is deffective, same problem with my car, and many others, looks like Mazda might have to issue a recall

They may issue a TSB but they will not issue a recall for a hard start issue.

try switch the key to the ON position for a couple of second before turning to the start position, this way it will have enough time for the fuel to pump to the front of the car.

Mikey444 said:

Thanks for the advice. Fuel Pump was replaced under warranty!! Car works fine now!

Back