How to paint interior?

TuRbOtEcTicS

:
Mazda3
anyone here know how to paint the interior of a 3? I got te black mica and thinking of coloring the interior white or red. I got the beige interior color and doesnt look really good. Pics would really help me out too. So please help me out guys! (group)

sndsgood said:
if they like red let them do red. not everyone likes the same colors.
yeah forreal, its his car if he wants his interior red its gonna be red. he just wanted to know HOW to paint it. and as for HOW to, i dont know, but if u find out lemme know cuz i wanna paintthe top of my door pannels winning blue to match the car.

yes he can do whatever, but i don't want him to regret it...believe me, i've seen red with beige
sndsgood said:
if they like red let them do red. not everyone likes the same colors.

well i guess i could have added that i have experience in this area, i did a full color change on my sunfire. from stock grey to a silver/blue combination.

if u want to see my work the car can be seen here
http://www.j-body.org/members/sndsgood/cars/1/

if you have the beige interior i'd suggest changing the color completly and get rid of the beige all together. i plan on changing the light grey upper part of my car to black to match the rest of the interior here soon. soon as i get the body kit on the sunfire.

Last edited:
sndsgood said:
well i guess i could have added that i have experience in this area, i did a full color change on my sunfire. from stock grey to a silver/blue combination.

if u want to see my work the car can be seen here
http://www.j-body.org/members/sndsgood/cars/1/

if you have the beige interior i'd suggest changing the color completly and get rid of the beige all together. i plan on changing the light grey upper part of my car to black to match the rest of the interior here soon. soon as i get the body kit on the sunfire.

hey man that sunfires interior looks prett good, is there any way to give the paint a glossy look tho, cuz i those pics its looks like a flat finish. maybe u wouldnt want the dash shiney cuz of the glare it wouldgive off but at least the door panels ( like in the new VW bugs) also, does the paint chp or peel easily?

everything that is silver in the car matches the exterior paint and shines brightly, some people have asked if my dash was metal becauase it shines like the exterior does. the blue is just the vinly parts that were vinly dyed blue. for a shiny look on hard plastic pieces all u need to do is sand the piece smooth. i start with 120 then 220 then 400, then prime it and wetsand it down with 400 grit, then spray it. i took the pieces to the body shop that were silver, because spray can's just don't turn out as nicely as a good spray gun in my opinion. if done right and prepped right it will last for as long as u take care of it. my interior is going on 3 years old and the silver hasnt chipped at all. the blue on the other hand is a dye and will wear down from constant use. for example the armrests where we rest are arms on every single day. those start to wear down in about a year. basically each year i'll pull them out and touch them up with more dye. areas like the dash i havnt had to touch since i sprayed it.

sndsgood said:
everything that is silver in the car matches the exterior paint and shines brightly, some people have asked if my dash was metal becauase it shines like the exterior does. the blue is just the vinly parts that were vinly dyed blue. for a shiny look on hard plastic pieces all u need to do is sand the piece smooth. i start with 120 then 220 then 400, then prime it and wetsand it down with 400 grit, then spray it. i took the pieces to the body shop that were silver, because spray can's just don't turn out as nicely as a good spray gun in my opinion. if done right and prepped right it will last for as long as u take care of it. my interior is going on 3 years old and the silver hasnt chipped at all. the blue on the other hand is a dye and will wear down from constant use. for example the armrests where we rest are arms on every single day. those start to wear down in about a year. basically each year i'll pull them out and touch them up with more dye. areas like the dash i havnt had to touch since i sprayed it.

sweet-sounds good. one more thing tho, does anyone know if the top sectoin of the mazda3s door pannel can be sanded, their not just flat plastic, the textured.

Dexter said:
All i know is that red+white = poland.

Well, you can't forget about Canada, Austria, Indonesia, Monaco, Tunisia, Greenland, Turkey, Bahrain, Tonga, Denmark, Georgia, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore.

Did I miss any? :)

~Bart~

Well, you can't forget about Canada, Austria, Indonesia, Monaco, Tunisia, Greenland, Turkey, Bahrain, Tonga, Denmark, Georgia, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore.

Did I miss any?

~Bart~

Yes, Puerto Rico

yes to paint the dash you must sand the protective coating off or it won't stick at all. there is a coating so you can use hot water and a towel to clean almost anything off it like armoral if you decided to go that far and realized on a sunny day you can't see sh!t from the glare.

that stuff as far as i can tell is a material. and for any material i'd suggest a dye, versus just trying to spray paint it.

Back