MAZDASPEED Proteg ad in R&T

Antoine

Administrator
MAZDASPEED Proteg ad in R&T

Got my Oct issue and noticed a really cool ad with an interesting view of the turbo system.

On a side not they have the "MAZDA" from a separate pic...pasted on the ad...if you read the small print it says:

"Mazda logo as seen on the Racing Beat Mazda RX-7 on its way to a new Bonneville Class C GT record (238.44 mph)"

Interesting how Mazda mentions landspeed racing for the first time I've seen in an ad...hmmm...;)

very nice!, if mazda mentions that, wait till they get a load of our stuff,hehehe.

btw, i had a video(mpeg), of a rx7 flipping backwards, end over end, scary s***

hey Antoine ...

I was surprised that they advertised the MAZDASPEED Protege when i first saw it...i couldn't believe my eyes...
Why did they do it?..just to show off the first production MAZDASPEED car?...

They never advertised the MP3.... or did they?
so what MS-P all of a sudden?

:confused:

the only ads i ever saw for the mp3, was on ebay...it was that brochure that says, "does YOUR mp3 player come with shocks..."

i never even HEARD of the mp3, and i saw it, and bought it of da showroom floor

Yeah, I think they did run MP3 ads in some of the car mags.

I think the logic behind advertising the MS Proteg is to draw people into the show room (and let the dealers make sure they don't leave without a new Mazda)...also to recharge Mazda's image as a fun, fresh brand with exciting products.

The MS Proteg is new, fresh and unique (MP3 round 2)...what better way to get peoples attention. If I remember correctly they did the same thing with the OG MP3.

I think most of the msp's in canada are sold immediately... if not before t hey hit the showroom.

heY...

i have to agree with enry about this...
Seems like alot of us, Canadians do buy these limited production cars before they will even sit in a showroom floor...
Alot of us have already ordered them, and are all eagerly awaiting for delivery...
I would be one of them! :D

The only two magizines that I know of that ran ads of the Mp3 was Road & Track and Car & Driver. I would put the ad on the site but I don't have a scanner.

Doesn't matter if they are sold already...the general public doesn't know that. They don't need to run ads on a limited car...what Mazda wants the average consumer to think is..."well if they offer cool cars like the MSP...all their cars must be fun and sporty...I'll go to the my local dealer and see what they have"

A part of the ad reads:

"Learn more about MAZDASPEED and how every Mazda has the soul of a sports car at....."

The ad is also introducing the whole MAZDASPEED conceptwhich will spread to other models.

I like how it says Mazdas are such a blast to modifyI wish it would continue with for more info check out Mazdamp3.comProtege5.comMSProtege.com." :D

derrick1623 said:
the only ads i ever saw for the mp3, was on ebay...it was that brochure that says, "does YOUR mp3 player come with shocks..."

i never even HEARD of the mp3, and i saw it, and bought it of da showroom floor

I got you beat derrick....I never even saw an ad for the MP3. At the time I was looking for cars, I was mulling over some of the different ones available. I was at a family gathering when a couple of my family members mentioned seeing an ad for some kinda Protege that would interest me perhaps.

The next day, I went down to the nearest dealership and my eyes popped out of my head when I saw the lovely MP3. I knew this was the car I wanted. The dealership had 2 of these babies. I took the one outside for a test drive and bought the one that was stored inside with no mileage(and no test drives) the next day. Haven't regretted it once since!

Back