Grove in ur brake Disc?

does anyone see a engraved circle in ur brake disc? like if there was a rock stuck in ur brake pad and it jsut started grinding an engraved line in ur brake disc? i've seen in on 2 mazda 3's.. (including mines) anyone know of waht this is.?

yah, have the same thing on both my front rotors. any one think that i could have it fixed under warrantee?

I dunno, has anyone actually gotten this fixed? I don't imagine a dealer would be too happy about pulling off your wheel and grinding the rotors and whatnot.

reply from most to include dealers(Local)"not that bad yet"

try running your finger nail straight up the rotor and if there are like deep groves you will know

yah i can feel a grove in the passenger side front disk, its deep enough to feel with out your nail, the grove on the driver side is more of a color thing than an actual grove.

Oricle said:
yah i can feel a grove in the passenger side front disk, its deep enough to feel with out your nail
ok...in that case take it in...(milk the warrenty cause once it's gone...it's gone)
Oricle said:
the grove on the driver side is more of a color thing than an actual grove.
yeah it looks alot deeper than it actually is...all 4 of mine are like that....brake bias is reverse from the 3's. Your brake bias is more to the rear where ours is way twards the front....You can also tell from which wheels get the most dust.

Last edited:
I would be pissed if they machine almost brand new rotors. You would have to replace rotors earlier because you can turn them one less time. I would ask for new rotors as a replacement...

alexlitov said:
I would be pissed if they machine almost brand new rotors. You would have to replace rotors earlier because you can turn them one less time. I would ask for new rotors as a replacement...
rotors+pads;) see if they have the newer rotors and pads that aren't as metallic as the oem ones...
Off topic but somewhat till there in context... also found out the 3s has larger rotors than the 6s

Guys, hold on your horses...if the groove is just in the surface, i.e. there is no deep groove and it can be felt only scratching the nail over it just wait... I had it and met with a Mazda engineer at the dealer by chance and he told me that it is the coating material and will go away alone and guess what? 2500 miles and all disks are smooth as a baby butt.... Mazda 1x0.

Now, the dust in the rear brakes... no explanation... Mazda 1x1.

So, unless it is really a groove just wait a little it can save you rotor surfacing.

Cheers.

Back