TWM Short Shifter

KING13

:
2004 Mazda 3
TWM Short Shifter w/TWM shift knob

TWM Short Shifters are now being shipped the specs are
wNDQ3MTMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
they are availabe to order athttp://www.ptuning.com/
I would like to thank TWM for sponsoring me! (first)

Last edited:
Not to thread jack....

KING13 said:
TWM Short Shifters are now being shipped the specs are
wNDQ3MTMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
they are availabe to order athttp://www.ptuning.com/
I would like to thank TWM for sponsoring me! (first)
Not to thread jack but your sig says "custom upper and lower grills", but I don't see them on your "cardomain" profile, Got pics?

Again sorry for the interruption, thanx

Tim

No i have taken them off but they will be on this week for NOPI in maryland so i will take pics then.Too many bugs lol!

Cool

KING13 said:
No i have taken them off but they will be on this week for NOPI in maryland so i will take pics then.

Thanx King, post the in the grill tread so I don't get yelled at...LOL

Wow... that thing is crazy-looking.

M32004SN.jpg

Are they really being shipped? The web site still says "*This item is currently on order, and will be available soon. You can either order it now and we will ship it as soon as it is in stock, or submit your email and we will notify you when it becomes available."

Yeah i spoke to the owner of TWM today there shipping out to vendors today.So if you want to assure yourself having one i would order it now. Just like the AEM CAI they will be in high demand.

Wow - a 2" reduction in height ? Looking at the shifter now, that puts the knob bottom down just about even with the the console. I was thinking of maybe a 1/2" or 3/4" drop... 2" seems waaay too low...

Well i will now in a few days after i install it i will post pics and video of it in action.

twm is the shortest shifter your gonna find, they're insane, I have one on my mp3 as well, I would recommend you get a new knob that's heavy, I'm not sure if the mz3 knob is heavy to begin with, but if its not, you'll find you have to push a little harder to shift, nothing major, just a little easier with a heavier knob

TWM ss w/TWM shift knob!

Ok first i will tell you with absolutely no bias that this SS is Great! Smooth as stock,and to go out on a limb maybe even smoother. The install on this was a 2 on a scale from 1-10. Comlete digital pics of install to come tomorrow, file is very large! The addition of the Twm shift knob with it's added weight makes shifting no longer "Rowing the Boat", but easy as it heavily weighted.The whole kit is made of great quality material ,and the craftsmanship is first class. If any one doubts my word on this if you live close i would be happy to let you drive my car PM me! The other alternative would be to order it yourself to find out. Here are pics taken with a borrowed digi i will take more with mine tomorrow.
wNDU5MzcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNDU5MzcyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNDU5MzczNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
(rockon) (drive)

Last edited:
Is that adjustable knob any heavier than the stock one? I know the stock one is pretty heavy itself.

--Herb--

Description on Ptuning:
TWM Performance Adjustable Shift Knob:
The first height adjustable shift knob on the market allows you to raise or lower your knob height to your preference.
Sized to fit over the stock or TWM Performance shifters so you don't have to deal with sloppy plastic cups or knobs that rotate or don't stay on.
Weighted to increase shifter momentum and decrease the amount of effort needed to shift as well as provide a smoother shift action.
Extremely smooth and clean styling offers a timeless and classy look to your interior.
Super tough, scratch resistant stainless steel construction stands up far better than anodized aluminum or leather wrapped knobs.
LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Price: $75.95 with forum discount

I would think a stainless steel knob would be substantially heavier than the stock one.

The TWM knob is much heavier than the stock one. But you cant tell that once it's attached to the shifter.

goldwing2000 said:
Description on Ptuning:

Price: $75.95 with forum discount

I would think a stainless steel knob would be substantially heavier than the stock one.

where do u get $75.95 from? the web site and the other thread say like $140?

Whens the video gonna be posted???

Looks VERY VERY sweet....

let us know...

also some pics with it in the gears would be very good for comparisons..

mazda3zoom said:
will something like thise void the warranty, maybe just on the trans or sumthin? (uhm)

Yeah it will void warranty on your shifter, but you have replaced it with hopefully a far better one. You will be fine I doubt they would even notice it.

--Herb--

Back