Anyone Dyno a 3 auto yet?

canada3

:
2004 MAZDA3 GT - GFX
I did mine today but I have a CAI and a aftermarket muffler with the last cat taken off....was wondering if anyone has a link to a auto being dynoed with no mods since I know the numbers should be less than the manual by around 5-10%........only one I saw was for a manual and it was 140.3 at the wheels cant remember what the torqe was...I think someone here posted it gotta look again

goldwing2000 said:
Wow... so your mods actually lost you HP. That sucks.
i guess u never read my post....i drive a auto....manuals and autos dont have the same hp as autos loose more due to the converter and linkage and all the other good stuff that comes with the auto...but u knew that right.....(wedge)

canada3 said:
i guess u never read my post....i drive a auto....manuals and autos dont have the same hp as autos loose more due to the converter and linkage and all the other good stuff that comes with the auto...but u knew that right.....(wedge)

Yeah, I read your post but your auto has a lockup torque converter, so I wouldn't think it would be that big of a difference. If you're only pushing 130hp WITH the mods, then theoretically you're only sitting at around 115hp without them. That's like an 18% loss through the torque converter (140 vs. 115), in addition to the 12.5% loss through the drivetrain (140 vs. 160).

That just doesn't seem right.

But yeah... hopefully somebody has some numbers from a stock auto so you can know for sure.

Fobby_Monkey said:
so the peak hp is at 130hp? what about the torque? is that the best run?
its a large pic did you scroll over? the best run is the 3rd...the first one is more of like a setting up one.........

131.1 whp with 131. tq.........

Goldwing...sry about busting your balls but I was surprised as much as you where after the first run ..i was like 128 that cant be right......but after teh 3rd run and talking to the guys at the shop it made sense because I was expecting around 145....oh well at least I didnt go and make some bulls*** numbers without backing it up....and I am still not disappointed in the car.....and some of the mods work are doing something or the tq would be lower as well......

I wish mazda had posted different hp for auto vs manual.....as I wish dealers whould start posting the whp vs the fwp but then again the would want to try to advertise a say 160whp (true) vs a 200hp car would they....oh well....in the spring I will do it all again...yee haw....

I wonder what my 96' neon r/t in 96' new was pulling at the wheels? 100wph hhahaa(blah)

Fobby_Monkey said:
That's ALOT of power loss due to the torque converter.

and if you read my previous post, I could not get to the picture.
for u dog (hump) @ work quickly

1----- 128.6whp @ 142.8 tq

2----- 128.8whp @ 129.4 tq

3----- 131.1whp @ 131.1 tq

canada3 said:
for u dog (hump) @ work quickly

1----- 128.6whp @ 142.8 tq

2----- 128.8whp @ 129.4 tq

3----- 131.1whp @ 131.1 tq

Thats really not that bad. I know it is a different car but, I had a 02 Ford Focus auto and stock it put down 97WHP and it was rated at 130HP at the crank. If I had to guess I'd say the autos are down about 15HP to the 5speeds. One way to know for sure if the intake will gain any HP is to reinstall the stock intake and get it dyno'd.

--Herb--

this is my first post, I dynoed my car yesterday..but the dyno I've always visited "steals" a couple of horses..

I arrived with my AEM CAI instaled and got 137 whp...went to the track and hit a 16.2 @ 86mph not bad considering wheels were at normal pressure and I weight 245lbs

removed 2nd cats and installed a racing beat muffler and got 142.5 whp

I have a manual mazda 3 sp5...my dyno usually takes off like 5-7 ....but i dont really care...whats important is the before and after comparison.

I apologize for any grammar mistakes..my english Isn't perfect

canada3 said:
I wonder what my 96' neon r/t in 96' new was pulling at the wheels? 100wph hhahaa(blah)
115-125 Magnum H.O. 101-105 non magnum atx and 106-108 non magnum mtx I beleve is the "Normal Range" don't fully quote me on that one...but 1st Gen R/T are faster than 2nd Gen due to weight issues...just be glad you didn't have a dohc atx!

6tech is up...also ashu and crossbow are both members here....

Last edited:
Back