How is the MSM selling in your area?

muohio

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
I was shocked yesterday when I drove by a couple Mazdaspeed dealers and saw a lot of Mazdaspeed Miatas sitting around. The first month they had them sitting out front but now they are in the back next to the Mazda Trucks. On the flip side, it appears that the Mazda3 is selling very well and are hard to keep in stock. What are others seeing in their area?

BTW, I'm not flamming the Mazdaspeed Miata as I'm a Mazda fan all the way around.

The dealer near me had four..now I think they only have one...but that was from afar. I know they sold one for sure already. Yes, the threes are projected to sell out the entire model line for this year...which looks really good on MAzda because the auto market is not looking good right now, and the average loss last year was like 10%(all major auto manufacturers).

Don't think MSM sales are really booming, but overall Mazda sales have gone up ever since the image change of the 6 and 3 and so forth.

I did tell people a while ago to buy Mazda stock :)
Look at a graph and you'll see how good Mazda has been doing since the 6...

mazdaspeedpower said:
The dealer near me had four..now I think they only have one...but that was from afar. I know they sold one for sure already. Yes, the threes are projected to sell out the entire model line for this year...which looks really good on MAzda because the auto market is not looking good right now, and the average loss last year was like 10%(all major auto manufacturers).
It's really hard to get a 3 right now. I've been trying to find a Titanium sedan loaded for my wife and they aren't around. The one dealer in the area has 10 MSM and the other had 5, but there is maybe a handleful of threes. Just seems opposite of the MSP which sold out quick in the first 4 months and then sat around at the end.

Also keep in mind that pretty much all the MSM's were built in one run. They shut down production of standard miata's earlier this winter/spring and ran only MSM's for awhile.

So the fact that a dealer has several sitting on his lot may not bother the dealer because more than likely, those are the only ones he's going to get all year...

the 05 Mazdaspeed is coming out eventulaly.. Same basic car, with a couple color changes, a Yellow/orange color and a blue if I recall?

Back