Whoa....Another "special edition" Protege?

I was reading the Motor Trend article on "2003 & 2004 New Cars" and under the Mazda Protege profile, they mention at the end:

"A special edition replacing the former Speed Protege and MP3 is expected midyear".

Hrmm...does that mean MORE improvements and MORE numbers being offered to the public? Maybe they'll make a version that isn't limited in production due to the MP3 and Mazdaspeed's success!!

Damn, i wish I could afford a new car *sniff*, turbo'ing my old ass 93 will be good enough for me thoug :p

Oh yeah, I bought a Festiva. I decided instead of having two identical cars, to get something cheap. I've always kinda wanted one anyways, and now that I own one...i'm sooo happy. I'll be even happier when I swap in the 1.6 liter engine I want :)!!!

here is the site I made for it if you care: http://protegenetwork.org/projectfestiva/

Sweet! Are you planning on putting the 1.8 turbo in there? :D That is a NICE job you did cleaning the engine compartment! (thumb) Looks good so far.

Gro Harlem said:
I was reading the Motor Trend article on "2003 & 2004 New Cars" and under the Mazda Protege profile, they mention at the end:

"A special edition replacing the former Speed Protege and MP3 is expected midyear".

Hrmm...does that mean MORE improvements and MORE numbers being offered to the public? Maybe they'll make a version that isn't limited in production due to the MP3 and Mazdaspeed's success!!

Damn, i wish I could afford a new car *sniff*, turbo'ing my old ass 93 will be good enough for me thoug :p
I don't think Motor Trend knows what they're talking about. Every year I read their "New Cars" issue, and it's loaded with mistakes.

Anyway, I think when they said "A special edition replacing the former Speed Protege and MP3", they were just referring to the Mazdaspeed Pro. I know it said midyear, but again I think it was just a mistake.

Then again, maybe there is something else coming. :confused:

MP3-Owner said:
Sweet! Are you planning on putting the 1.8 turbo in there? :D That is a NICE job you did cleaning the engine compartment! (thumb) Looks good so far.

1.6 DOHC from a mx3 is going in it.........i'm still thinking of putting the 1.6 DOHC turbo version of it but i want my a/c and i don't feel like dealing with turbo tuning and s*** on such a peice of s*** car ;)

Back