Car Egged on Rt. 8 in Naugatuck

servoeyes

So...driving home from my friend's house this morning at 12:15-ish and I'm getting on to Rt. 8 in Naugatuck...the on ramp right after exit 26 heading north. All of a sudden I hear a loud smack and a ding. Two eggs were thrown at my car from above...I did not see the culprits. One egg hit the top of the windshield and the other hit the roof of the car square. The window was the best spot to hit, because damage was minimized. The roof however now has an egg-shapped ~2" diameter mottled spot from the shell disintegrating. The egg was freakin pelted from above and chipped the s*** out of the paint. I will take a better look in the morning when I will wash the car more thoroughly than I did when I got home. Then I will use some touch up paint to cover it up as best as I can...and then I will probably hit the car with a full wax, possibly cleaner wax before hand.

Either way...the damage is done. So...this is a bit of a heads up and a warning. If you find these kids, or if you get egged yourself, you will tell me...and we will take the damage out of them that they did to Aeris or any other car. Eggers GO TO HELL!

i hate when people do stupid s*** like that. i had my car egged in the winter across my entire hood and it was a bitxh to get off. it was some dumbass kids that did it.......i wish i knew which kids it was.

servoeyes said:
So...driving home from my friend's house this morning at 12:15-ish and I'm getting on to Rt. 8 in Naugatuck...the on ramp right after exit 26 heading north. All of a sudden I hear a loud smack and a ding. Two eggs were thrown at my car from above...I did not see the culprits. One egg hit the top of the windshield and the other hit the roof of the car square. The window was the best spot to hit, because damage was minimized. The roof however now has an egg-shapped ~2" diameter mottled spot from the shell disintegrating. The egg was freakin pelted from above and chipped the s*** out of the paint. I will take a better look in the morning when I will wash the car more thoroughly than I did when I got home. Then I will use some touch up paint to cover it up as best as I can...and then I will probably hit the car with a full wax, possibly cleaner wax before hand.

Either way...the damage is done. So...this is a bit of a heads up and a warning. If you find these kids, or if you get egged yourself, you will tell me...and we will take the damage out of them that they did to Aeris or any other car. Eggers GO TO HELL!
I got egged a couple weekends ago, but in Thomaston, and I turned around as soon as possible, but I think they heard my tires squealing and ran. I reported it to the cops and they basically told me that there is nothing I can do about it, just like when I got mini rear ended by someone who let their foot off the brake in an automatic car at a red light and put some nice license plate screw gouges in my bumper and then drove off.. i gave the cops the plates and they wouldn't do a thing about it because "the damage [was] minimal"....

Oh yeah the egg.. It hit right in the center of my hood, some nice deep chips down to the steel. I wish touchup paint wouldn't be so obvious there. I'm about to use touchup paint and then hit it with rubbing compound then polish then wax or something, the chips bother me. I washed it as well as I could but it still got damaged. I just cleaned it best I could then used NXT wax on the whole front of the car plus the mirror (it got covered with egg too) and the driver door because it got all on that too. WTF is with people having 0 respect for other people's cars?!?!

omg i must say ive never been hit with eggs but my old car was hit by iceslush-balls B4 and it totally blow i saw who did it but when i stoped and flung it in reverse they took off like the pussys they were, its all funny until they do it to the wrong person and they go crazy and blow thier heads off, then its hilarious lol! but i agree zero respect of other peoples proprety, now watch me on my way to work tommrow get hit with eggs(boom03)

Yeah, someone threw and egg at my car when it was me, and three budies. Hit the passenger side window. I simply pulled the e-brake, and almost 180ed, was a little off, and gunned it towards them, we all piled out, and chased the three kids and caught them.....they took turns licking the egg of the window. We caused no harm to them, cause they just hit the window..no damage. If it hada been the paint, I woulda hauled thier ass to court or something to get them to pay to get the whole section payed. I must say, they thought we where gonna beat their asses, but we just grabbed them, held them, and made them clean. Why hurt them? We'd just get in trouble. Anyways, it really sucks when the eggs or wutever projectile causes damage...fuckheads that do this should die in shame.

Damn, that sucks Dan. I don't go much on 8, but Pat prob does (ne3k).

i feel your pain my car was egged on 4 different times last winter. i dont know who i pissed off but they nailed me good window and side doors. thank god it was below 32 those nites the egg didnt harm the paint.

use detail spray and an adobe scrub pad to get dried egg off it seems to work the best for me

Ok, I'll contribute to the bad luck posting. When I got the winter tires put on last year, one of the wheel locks broke and everyone and their mom said noone steals wheels anymore so thinking I was beating the system I took the rest of them off so it didn't happen again...bad idea! I live in Back Bay in downtown Boston, which is not a high crime area, but one morning I went out to my car and one side was on jacks! Yea...they took the passenger side wheels...so $1200 later and 4 new wheel locks I was back to where I started. I learned the hard way...LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE, KEEP YOUR WHEEL LOCKS ON.

Latest posts

Back