04 Mazda III - Clutch Question

I have an 04 Mazda 3, 2.3L, 5 SPD. When I press the clutch quickly when changing gears or not even changing gears and just pressing the clutch with no gas, I notice the the RPM's jump a little. Is this normal or is this a problem I need to look into. Please let me know.

Last edited:
Yes, he does. You need to stop posting the same question more than once. Two of them are going to be deleted.

Mazda3Zoomer said:
the clutch is really responsive AND its soft as compared to the other ultra resonsive clutches (Nisssans, Honda, Ect) so your timing is prolly a little off until you get used to it.

sorry i am new to this forum...i did not see other messages posted so i re posted. i am taking the foot off the gas. Though I thaught maybe i wasn't at first, but i was. this only happens if i press the clutch fast, whereas if i do it slow, it does not happen. Try engaging the clutch in 3rd gear at 3000RPM's with no gas. Maybe you can try it out and see if it happenes to you aswell.

Last edited:
I have an 04 Mazda 3, 2.3L, 5 SPD. When I press the clutch quickly when changing gears or even just pressing the clutch quickly with no gas and not even putting the car in gear, I notice the the RPM's jump a little. Try pressing the clutch quickly, in 3rd geard at 2000RPM's and let me know. Is this normal or is this a problem I need to look into. I have posted this a few times but not sure if I did it in the right forum

04mazdaIII said:
I have an 04 Mazda 3, 2.3L, 5 SPD. When I press the clutch quickly when changing gears or even just pressing the clutch quickly with no gas and not even putting the car in gear, I notice the the RPM's jump a little. Try pressing the clutch quickly, in 3rd geard at 2000RPM's and let me know. Is this normal or is this a problem I need to look into. I have posted this a few times but not sure if I did it in the right forum

http://www.mazdamp3.com/vbb230/showthread.php?t=69916

Latest posts

Back